Missing my Motorhome already!

Discussion in 'Peugeot' started by Allanm, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I made arrangement for our van to go back to Autosleeper for some remedial work and a low loader turned up this morning to take it up to their factory
    It's going to be away for about 2 weeks, hopefully, they will fix everything on the list and return it as good as new.
    A few months ago I noticed a vertical crease down the side of the van between the fridge vents. Looks like the insulation hasn't bonded properly to the fibreglass shell so they are going to fix that.
    Both rear wheel arch trims are coming unstuck at the back, the strips of trim over the interior wall seams are peeling up, the bathroom shelf that the bowl sits on is getting damaged by water ( it's chipboard, it should be properly sealed or they should use plastic,) oh, and the main roof vent sometimes sticks down.
    Not bad really after 16 months of heavy use, and because they will have to take out the fridge, they will have to re-certify the electric and gas, they have offered to do a full hab check and it won't cost me a penny.
    Roll on November ...........

• Like Like x 4
  2. calion

calion

When you think how much these things cost, you don't really expect things to break or go wrong so quickly. At least they are prepared to put things right for you.(y)

• Like Like x 2
  3. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

I'm in the same boat.....
    Dropped my new (to me) Hymer down to the dealer's today for them to tackle my long list of snags. We won't be reunited for about 6 weeks now.
    Feeling bereft. :crying::crying::crying:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Our Wentworth is going back to the dealers for four jobs, to be honest two of them should have been obvious to them before we picked it up!

5. Viennese

Viennese Funster

After 2 years use & 10,000 miles my WildAx is in for a week - 18 problems!

6. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Should you have the time I'd very much appreciate your thoughts on the 'fixes' when you get it back Allan.(y)

7. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Will do, we are counting down the days now till we can book a few weeks away in Brittany.
    Allan

8. Allanm

Allanm Funster

So, almost two weeks later and we are expecting the van back on Monday. It's been a long wait, I can't imagine how Jane and Jess are feeling without their van for another 4 weeks!
    I have heard nothing from Autosleeper, so I am assuming everything went ok. Chap who took it away told me he was booked for 3rd to bring it back.
    Fingers crossed, and toes, we have booked a tunnel crossing next week and hope to spend at least a month away.
    Allan

9. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

Hope it all goes well Alan and you can swiftly get on your way. We have an 2011 merc auto autosleeper and fingers crossed it's still as good as new. Very pleased with it.

Deeply jealous of your French trip.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Well, we expected the van to be back today so phoned AS this morning to see what was happening.
    I had an email from the service manager and apparently, its almost ready but they had to order new graphics (?) which should have arrived on 30th. They didn't, but I was promised they should arrive and be fitted on Tuesday. Time to fit is a couple of hours, so it should be ready to come back to us very soon.
    Not sure why they need new graphics, I was assuming all the work was to be done inside.
    We'll know more later in the week.
    France is booked for Monday!
    Allan

11. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

hope for best, plan for the worst.

• Like Like x 1
  12. golly

golly Funster

If you wern't expecting any external work and they are replacing decals, I would check very carefully that they haven't dinged it while in the workshop. I posted on an earlier thread about the quality of the work they did on my van.

• Like Like x 2
  13. calion

calion

thats a good point.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Thanks Golly, don't worry, it will be well checked out before it comes off the transporter, speaking of which, it is being delivered tomorrow.
    Graphics came today and were fitted this afternoon. I don't know why they were replaced, perhaps they replaced one of the body sides, after all, the insulation was coming unstuck, maybe it was worse than they thought, or, I did notice that that one of the graphics on one side at the back was getting discoloured, perhaps they just replaced that one.
    Anyway, we had a call from the service manager today who wanted to deliver the van on Monday. That was no good to us as we have booked a crossing on the tunnel for Monday, anyway, he sorted it for delivery tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed!
    Allan

15. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Van was delivered this afternoon, all sorted, no damage to anything and no protruding screws!
    They repaired the wall with the crease in it, the insulation was rebonded and reinforced, they also filled the crease, the graphics were needed to replace the ones they took off. They have done a really nice job, its good and solid, paint match and finish is perfect.
    They replaced the bathroom cabinet and bowl with the latest model, rebonded the rear wheel arch trims and adjusted the mudflaps. Main roof vent was adjusted and works perfectly. All the interior seal trims have been replaced, door stay fixed and they found a problem with the Truma boiler occasionally letting small amounts of water through the dump valve. They have sorted that out.
    All in, they seem to have done an excellent job. One very pleased customer, tunnel booked for next Tuesday!
    :france:
    Allan

• Like Like x 4
  16. golly

golly Funster

Glad everything went well, enjoy France.

• Like Like x 1
  17. calion

calion

You must be very relieved

• Like Like x 1
  18. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

hope all goes well, have a great trip funster.

• Like Like x 1
  19. panda

panda Funster

Pleased for you and enjoy your trip,Ann and Mick

• Like Like x 1
  20. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Excellent news!

• Like Like x 1