Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When me and Siân are manning the Fun stand at shows, it is great fun. A steady stream of funsters stopping by for a coffee and a chat. There is always plenty to talk about, and of course we get to talk to lot's of potential Funsters. Some of those turn up all excited, "there you are, can we join please, so and so's told us all about you"

But that is the high point, it's not all good. there are some miserable motorhomers out there, just try handing out a fun flyer with a smile to some of them. Some people are just so miserable, they won't even return a "Good Morning" it makes you wonder if they ever crack a smile. "What yer sellin" "What's this fun thing then?" "ow much does it cost first"

We do have a giggle, with those keen to know the price or what were selling, Siân normally tells them its only £10.......a month!:ROFLMAO: And for those that insist on what the 'Fun' thing is; more than once we've, winked then whispered that we're a motorhome Swingers club. :roflmto:

The truth is there are a lot of miserable motorhomers out there who really wouldn't enjoy it here. So I'm making up a sign to stand outside the fun trade stand at our up coming shows. What do you think, OK or over the top?::bigsmile:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:ROFLMAO: Luv the sign Jim:ROFLMAO:
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
We'll keep a look-out for it at the next Show

P.S. We'll try not to be a miserable pair of Boogers:ROFLMAO:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
When me and Siân are manning the Fun stand at shows, it is great fun. A steady stream of funsters stopping by for a coffee and a chat. There is always plenty to talk about, and of course we get to talk to lot's of potential Funsters. Some of those turn up all excited, "there you are, can we join please, so and so's told us all about you"

But that is the high point, it's not all good. there are some miserable motorhomers out there, just try handing out a fun flyer with a smile to some of them. Some people are just so miserable, they won't even return a "Good Morning" it makes you wonder if they ever crack a smile. "What yer sellin" "What's this fun thing then?" "ow much does it cost first"

We do have a giggle, with those keen to know the price or what were selling, Siân normally tells them its only £10.......a month!:ROFLMAO: And for those that insist on what the 'Fun' thing is; more than once we've, winked then [HI]whispered that we're a motorhome Swingers club.[/HI] :roflmto:

The truth is there are a lot of miserable motorhomers out there who really wouldn't enjoy it here. So I'm making up a sign to stand outside the fun trade stand at our up coming shows. What do you think, OK or over the top?::bigsmile:

Had a good think and a laugh but I'm up for it,
how do we join ?? Wink- wink:Cool:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
like the sign :thumb:

how about an addition:=

::bigsmile: happy motorhomers Welcome
:Sad: miserable motorhomers prohibited

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
I need one to put up outside our MH for when we open a bottle or two with friends ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oye... sod off the lot of ya.. and keep the bloody noise down too :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know you're only 'writing' in jest Jim, but it would actually be a good idea to have something to put on your stand to say what the club is about, this would then allow those who are a bit 'shy' (yes there are some shy motorhome owners ... strange but true!) to see what is on offer before having to approach you as you may ... erm ... how can I put this ... 'frighten' them a bit, what with your 'bouncer' look! :roflmto:

As for lovely Sian ... well, it may simply be that the ladies won't let their old gits near her in case they don't come back! :RollEyes:

Perhaps something along the lines of:

We welcome members, old and young
So come on in and join the 'Fun'!
:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Many people are just miserable and suspicious.

My firm had a stand at a big event in Kent two years ago.

No selling, just handing out branded goodies, sweets for the kids and stuff like that.

I stood there for about an hour all smiles but crikey there are some miserable gits around.People started having a go at me because their solicitor wasn't doing a very good job or was slow or too expensive.

Couldn't give the stuff away.

People are stupid because the plastic business cards we were giving away in our goodie pack are really good for scraping ice off windscreens.

After an hour I made my excuses and headed for the beer tent.

Picked up more clients in there over a couple of hours than we did all day at the stall.:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

No selling, just handing out branded goodies, sweets for the kids and stuff like that.

I stood there for about an hour all smiles but crikey there are some miserable gits around.People started having a go at me because their solicitor wasn't doing a very good job or was slow or too expensive.

People are stupid because the plastic business cards we were giving away in our goodie pack are really good for scraping ice off windscreens.

P[HI]icked up more clients in there over a couple of hours than we did all day at the stall.:thumb:[/QU[/HI]OTE]

there ye go Jim .... stand in the beer tent :Cool::Doh:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
How about a different sign Jim......

Miserable Motorhome owners:-
SAVE £10-00 DON'T JOIN MHF
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

P[HI]icked up more clients in there over a couple of hours than we did all day at the stall.:thumb:[/HI]

[HI]there ye go Jim .... stand in the beer tent :Cool::Doh:[/HI]
Beat me to it. I was going to say ditch the coffee and get a barrel in :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How about a Miserable Gits Section of Motorhome Fun?

Charge £20...

Then if any Funster gets them to change their ways and cheers them up, they win a Fray Bentos Pie... (No Chicken or Kidney)...

JJ :Cool:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

Just realeyesed the only thng that is wrong Jim you need to mispel sum of the words to give the old gits sumit to moan about when they see it :thumb: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't care to be honest. People can be miserable, ignorant, pleasant, shy, entertaining, etc etc.... what does annoy me which I have seen are the horrible sods who totally ignore little Katy when she holds out a flyer to them with a lovely smile on her face.:Angry: I feel like tripping them up:Angry:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
inclusive of FREE membership for the 1st year :Doh:

Just a minute :whatthe:

That means us already signed up members are missing out. :Sad:

We have paid a full tenner and we don't get a pint.
Newbies get membership for less than a tenner AND a pint. :Doh:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
How about a Miserable Gits Section of Motorhome Fun?

Charge £20...

Then if any Funster gets them to change their ways and cheers them up, they win a Fray Bentos Pie... (No Chicken or Kidney)...

Wow...that'll definately send them to the miserable gits section...

...at least they'll be able to wave to each other as they swap places.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just a minute :whatthe:

That means us already signed up members are missing out. :Sad:

We have paid a full tenner and we don't get a pint.
Newbies get membership for less than a tenner AND a pint. :Doh:

Simple - Jim gives free pints to all members....... keeps us all happy. Except Dawn, who would accept a 3 litre box of vino instead.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back