Miserable Argumentative Point Scorers will be taking a trip to Coventry (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've had a few posts reported to me yesterday and today by someone pointing out examples of the type of behaviour mentioned in the "losing its Christmas charm thread' And, after reading, I must reluctantly agree there are a few miserable, argumentative buggers about.

Dark winter months do make some a little stir crazy and motorhome forums are notorious for it. It seems some people just love to argue and point score, even more than they like to have fun. To them it seems a good arguement with plenty of veiled insults is fun. (weird) I just don't get that, but hey ho, it takes all sorts :D

While this bickering is not breaking the rules, per se, it's not nice and drags this place down. If your off topic posts in the U-shaped lounge break down into the same couple of people bickering and being rude to one another then you are likely to find that you cannot see any off topic posts again. (Some of you have probably noticed its missing already) Its still there, its just you that can't see it.

Bickering/argumentative posts and getting even remotely personal elswhere on the motorhome aspects of the forum and you'll find yourself in Coventry.

Where/what is Coventry? This is a function of our forums commissioned a while ago but never yet used. You won't know you're in Coventry but you might guess after a while, when absolutely no one interacts with your posts. Because when in Coventry Only you will see your posts, no one else will see them (apart from me unfortunately). You'll be bleating to yourself, everything else will appear normal to you but the rest of us will be having a rest and I can get on with my day. No one is in Coventry yet, a handful of you are on the M69 speeding toward it :D . Please, if you are not smiling when you are posting we'd rather you didn't post at all. Let's keep it Fun.

Thing is, people are quick to moan about intolerant posts but they never do anything about them. Please report them, that guarantees I see it and can keep my eye on it. I can only read a fraction of the posts, whenever you see anyone being rude, condescending or anything not in the spirit of fun, click the report button, no one will know you clicked it except me. That will be a great help. Thanks (y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry Jim, couldnt resist. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into making the fun forum such a great place to hang out. I shall be hitting that report button with gusto!
@Mousy aka super Reporter :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Coventry is perfect

Wikipedia
To send someone to Coventry is an English idiom meaning to deliberately ostracise someone. Typically, this is done by not talking to them, avoiding someone's company, and generally pretending that they no longer exist.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ive never noticed Off Topic before and still can't see it so Im guessing I must be on the naughty list. I hope Santa still comes to me and without the broken toys :)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I've just passed a statue of Lady Godiva.............................I said!, I've.......oh never mind :(

Craig

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Coventry is perfect

Wikipedia

Thank you @Jim I now know another English idiom. I must still be very bad at English.... I can't see any rude post on the thread you're mentionning, but thing is, I read words , and don't always know they have several meanings. This might be why I don't often get upset !! :xgrin:

I've read a few moans but have you got rid of the ones that have been reported?.. Do I have to really worry about my English?:xsurprised::xblink:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ive never noticed Off Topic before and still can't see it so Im guessing I must be on the naughty list. I hope Santa still comes to me and without the broken toys :)

You can see it, it's also known as the U-shaped Lounge :D

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Jim,I thought it was becoming a life of Fact on here,maybe i have got a few words round the wrong way though.:xdoh:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Thank you @Jim I now know another English idiom. I must still be very bad at English....
You can't be that bad - you know what an idiom is. :xThumb: Not a lot of people know that (which I suppose could be another one, although I'm not sure myself if idiom is quite the right word for that one :confused:)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You can't be that bad - you know what an idiom is. :xThumb: Not a lot of people know that (which I suppose could be another one, although I'm not sure myself if idiom is quite the right word for that one :confused:)
I have one idiom in my ignore list :xwink:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thank you @Jim I now know another English idiom. I must still be very bad at English.... I can't see any rude post on the thread you're mentionning, but thing is, I read words , and don't always know they have several meanings. This might be why I don't often get upset !! :xgrin:

I've read a few moans but have you got rid of the ones that have been reported?.. Do I have to really worry about my English?:xsurprised::xblink:

I only read the first few posts on that thread so I'll have to check but I think Jim meant the rude posts were only mentioned in the "losing its Christmas charm thread' not actually said in that thread. Does that make sense co's I've now lost me thread? :xlaugh:

Edit: Perhaps the vacuum cleaner thread didn't help? :xrofl:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Some years ago we had an extremely persistent and obnoxious troll on the forum I currently host, before it switched to members only. Let's call him Edd, because that's what he called himself. The host at the time came up with the inspired idea of creating a troll proof 'bunker' which those of us in the know (basically everybody but Edd) could access by clicking on a small full stop at the top of the page. Lo and behold it would transport us to an exact duplicate of the forum that Edd didn't know about. We continued to post from time to time in the main forum (or 'EddWorld' as we christened it) to keep Edd occupied, then clicked on the magic full stop to continue our normal conversations unmolested. EddWorld lasted for the best part of 3 months, and is still considered by members to be one of the community's finest moments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back