Mirro protector (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
won't to by a mate some mirror protectors so had a sneaky look at his motor.
Escape 664 near side long arm ,drives side short, can any one tell me if this is correct ?
As someone fitted wrong one to off side.?
As there sold in pairs of short or long arm sets

Regards Andy

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds strange to me. It would be most odd not to have matching sizes of mirrors.
It may well be that the driver's side mirror had a whack at some stage and it was replaced with the wrong sized arm. The driver's side mirror would be more vulnerable to damage in the UK.

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Took my previous MH to France and nearly lost the passenger side mirror but for my 'Mirror Guards'. Tip - don't take the sticky back off on the inside rubber. Easy then to remove after and accident or transfer to newer vehicle. We recently purchased short arm guards for our new PVC at discount because the rubber pads inside were missing. My guess is that original purchaser was able to change for long arm guards but left the rubber pads still stuck on his/her wing mirrors. Its easy to buy the one sided sticky replacement rubber on EBay.

Brian

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The short arm wing mirrors are approx. £55 each whereas the long/med arm wing mirrors are £150 approx. on e bay. Looks like the drivers side has probably been pranged and replaced with a short arm version. IMO(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
I was thinking of traffic coming t'other way in the UK! Damage more likely methinks, unless you clout a lamp post with your nearside :D2:D2

I was thinking of LHD and traffic coming t'other way in the UK! Offside, but not driver's side. :D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back