LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I was looking at similar heaters. We have a PVC and wonderd if 700w would be sufficient to warm up our van if it was 0c outside.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Was looking for one of those thanks for post. 700w is more for background heat is leaving on in cold weather or supporting another system. Think you'd need more than 700w to eat van at the temp as main heater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We use an oil filled rad on a timer plug (when we have EHU) ours is a 1.5 w, we tried a smaller one but it wasn't quite man enough, the 1.5 we use has two settings-low & high-and a temp control, it has never let us down and keeps us lovely and warm, we very seldom have to use the highest heat setting on high!
Our van is a 6mtr Hymer.
I think 700w might not do the job!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was looking at similar heaters. We have a PVC and wonderd if 700w would be sufficient to warm up our van if it was 0c outside.

I live in a PVC and have a 400 watt heater. Not got it connected up at the moment but last winter I did. My normal gas usage in winter is 1 bottle a week with the heater I was going 2.5 weeks between refills.

This winter has been a warm one and I have been doing 2-2.5 weeks per bottle so if I had the heater on I would probably be managing well over a month.

I used to have an oil filled one but found them inconvenient. I now have a convector heater. The heat is quicker and seems to get into the air quicker as well. I binned the blown air heater that had 1 and 2Kw settings because the thermostat in it had to wide a gap between on and off so the van was either too warm or too cold.

400-700 watts seems to be a good range for a PVC with the normal blown air heating providing the boost needed when really cold.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,Just a word of warning with a cheap oil filled radiator stand it on a tray as we bought a cheapie from Tesco and it leaked dark brown oil over the flooring only used it twice luckily no harm done, had to bin it but it warmed the showeroom/toilet up so We bought another but better quality one 700 watt and just fits behind the seat when travelling ,useful background heating and sometimes leave on overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back