Mini Pug Camper

Discussion in 'Self-Build Motorhomes' started by ****, Mar 19, 2016.

1. ****

**** Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 3
  2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Interesting, are you going to fit a lifting roof and does taking the bulkhead out effect rigidity?

3. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Really enjoyed reading and looking at your photos! From a working van you are starting to make a lovely little camper! I look forward to watching it develope as you've done a great job so far . Thank you for sharing.

4. ****

**** Read Only Funster

No lifting roof @DBK and there is a wheelchair access, taxi and people carrier of this van what dont have the small bulkhead. As it was held on by two bolts and two spot welds and hard silicon i am taking the gamble that its not structural. If you are talking about the big full bulkhead then no as its just a bolt on extra.

@Anthea M its on a budget as we have always took the car to Europe and camped but at 52 and the wife heading that way its getting harder to get up in the morning with the aches and pains. This will get ran for two year at most and if we enjoy i will be spending more time, money and effort into converting a larger van. We dont need huge as we dont want a loo. I think a small or semi wheelbase transit will be large enough for a rock n roll bed, sink cooker unit and plenty storage. TBH i think we will enjoy this as the wife can wait to get away and i am enjoying having the hobby. A few weekend in the highlands are on the cards soon i think.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Buzzy-Beans

Buzzy-Beans Read Only Funster

I know it is too late, but I know you will live to regret not using some far more effective form of insulation as in a dark blue van the summers sun will get as hot as hell inside and then in the winter months you will freeze.......... I kid you not.

What plans have you for heating the van? On my Renault Master conversion I hunted around and found a Propex 1800 gas heater which was still in its' original box for just £50 on Gumtree.

6. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Sorry @Buzzy-Beans i just noticed this. Mid October will be the last we use it and it will no doubt be warmer than what we are used to (Tent) As i said its a budget van that i will run for two years max and not greatly fussy about the finish. As long as we have a dry warm bed with sounds and a light we are happy. Got a camp stove and as we only do camp sights i am just taking a small blow heater. As i pay for the electricity at the site i may as well use it. When it comes to the next van more care and thought will be going into its fixtures and fittings and making it as self contained as possible.

7. Mikescuba

Mikescuba Funster

8. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Like what you are doing,read the whole blog and looks so much lighter,surely quieter.Had several converted vans,some done by me,sometimes bought in various stages of conversion.
    Always found condensation the biggest probs in the Uk.
    Hope you have got that sussed,good luck with the finishing.

9. ****

**** Read Only Funster

There is an air vent at the rear in the floor. The outside is under the van and looks like the outside of an expelair with the flaps. I am hoping this will be enough. Other who have done this are having no problem as i was asking about a vent as i did not want a whirly one on the roof.

• Like Like x 1