mini microwave needed !

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by greyman1, Jun 10, 2012.

1. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

i am looking to fit a small microwave oven into one of the overhead cupboards in my hymer and i"m struggling to find one that is not only low power [600watt] but less than 400 mm wide [the cupboard size]. has anyone done a similar thing ? which oven did you end up using ? the closest ive got so far is a daewoo qt 1 but it is 424mm wide. i really dont want to start cutting the van up if i can help it !!

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

dont forget you also need to leave room for air circulation/ventilation at the sides/back or it will overheat.

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

possibly something like this

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Daewoo-KOR6L0B-Watt-Compact-Microwave/dp/B0013RNWZ4/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1339365905&sr=1-2[/ame]

4. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

yeah thats what put me off fitting just a small normal oven ! apparntly sharp do a model called the "half pint" and would fit perfectly but it only seems to be available in the usa [for the truckers i think].

5. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

There is a fitted 700 watt micro in my van but keeps blowing the rcd trip.
    It works fine if i plug it directly into extention lead from leccy else where though.
    I think the start up surge is too much for a MH set up :Eeek:

6. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

We have a sanyo microwave 700 w in our van came with it, no problems tripping the EHU though.
    You can buy one from MH dealers but they will be expensive, not sure the cheapo ones from supermarkets will be ok just have to check their rating.

7. aba

aba

have you thought about one of these [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/WAVEBOX-12v-230v-Portable-Microwave/dp/B0019QOT24[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  8. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

As has beens said already do not forget about the need for ventilation which will also involve steam, as for trips blowing you need to be aware that when you see 600 watt on the front of the oven this is the output of the oven it takes more than 600 watt to actually power the oven in fact on start up of a microwave it can be as much as double the output wattage