MIN number (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have read that all motorhomes since 2001 carry a unique Motorhome Identification Number.
When we buy our new motorhome we obviously intend to do an HPI check which will include the MIN number.
Where on the motorhome would I find the MIN number? Is it different for all vans. I read in the MMM motorhome book that there is a hidden electronic tag - how will I know?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will have a 'hidden' electronic tag, you won't know where it is, it defeats the object of having it if they publicise where its located.:Smile: But there will be visible etching of the MIN number somewhere on the van. Or might even be on a sticker :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
============================
The majority of UK-built motorhomes coming off the production line between 2001 and 2007 carried a unique Motorhome Identification Number (MIN) alongside their Vehicle Indentification Number (VIN) and a Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM – or numberplate). The MIN should be etched on the motorhome and a ‘hidden’ electronic tag will be inside. Since 2007 the MIN has been replaced with other unique identifiers. All the relevant information is stored in the HPI database.
============================

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mine was built in Italy but I have various parts etched and 3 hidden transponders ... Basically a DataTag kit ..
Although marketed originally for bikes you can register any vehicle ( in fact any THING ) as having it fitted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back