Milly comes home (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi, got back from France last week after a trouble free three weeks on the road, first foreign outing for us in 6 years. Only problem was my wife contracting food poisoning!

We hadn't been abroad for a while as my wife wouldn't tow the caravan and my health had been playing up. However, she will drive Milly so off we went.

Had a great time, got bogged down once after heavy rain but when I went to ask Madame for help her handyman returned with 10 big bikers who easily pushed us clear!

Can recommend a Municipal campsite on Il de Re at St. Marie de Re, very nice site, reasonable prices and very quiet.

The biggest thing for us was the volume of traffic on british roads when we returned, we had become so used to beautiful French roads, little traffic and very smooth road surfaces.

Rgds

WillH

Paulh

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Bangor N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
I couldn"t agree more with regard to our roads, did 3 weeks in France last year and , boy, do you notice the difference when you get off the boat in England ! To any one contemplating a French trip, "just do it", as they say! There really is nothing to be afraid of, after the first few miles of driving, driving on the right becomes second nature and the facilities are far superior to ours.I"m counting the days to our next trip (10 days to go and it"s 2 weeks at a site in the Vendee and 4 days at a site outside Paris)::bigsmile: Paulh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back