Rally Chat Millport 23/6/17-26/6/17 (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Please put us on the list when it starts and Malc would like to be on the list for kayaking.

Thanks

Anne

Apr 9, 2015
šŸ‡µšŸ‡¹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
We would love to join in too - for the kayaking and sailing.
I don't check the forum everyday so would it be possible for you to put our names down when the thread opens?
Thanks - Sharon :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Once you have sat in for 5 min you will become more at ease. The water is shallow at the bay of the watersport centre so you will get instructions and used to it before moving off to hug the coast.
I am up for the shallow bit !! Lol

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We would love to join in too - for the kayaking and sailing.
I don't check the forum everyday so would it be possible for you to put our names down when the thread opens?
Thanks - Sharon :)
Sorry it's not opened for names yet. Hopefully next week.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Would love to try kayaking - please put my name down as interested

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It is great!

I started in my late 30s or 40s when my kids joined the club at their school - and wish I'd taken it up when I was much younger. The funny thing is that the school where my Dad taught when I was a teen had a kayak club (built their own craft as well) and when I said I'd like a go the man in charge was all for it but my parents refused point blank. They have seen me finish the Durham to Finchale race and my Mum said afterwards that she knew why I did it by the big grin as I crossed the finish line. I was the first and last across the line in my class of boat :)

Just remember that if you do it correctly kayaking is a dry sport - unless you need to demonstrate the various rescue techniques. Martin is always willing to show people about rescue techniques :) - TIP don't offer to share a boat with him.
Durham to Finchale, Boxing Day if my memory serves me correctly.

Martin

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Durham to Finchale, Boxing Day if my memory serves me correctly.

Martin

May Day for the race but it was also a good Boxing Day paddle. I'm not sure if the race still happens - it used to be a charity event sponsored by Connex.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Hi Sandra :hi:think we might give the kayaking a go , can't be any worse than the balls at Falkirk.Mind I might chicken out when the time comes.:giggler:
Mew.
Don't think you should be publicising your social activities on here Mew. LOL

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Both for us ... The meet and also the kayaking. Can't wait to see the @irnbru versus @andy63 challenge!!
Would love to do all the Scotland meets but have to go back to work unfortunately :-(

Really looking forward to this though and planning what places we will go in between.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Both for us ... The meet and also the kayaking. Can't wait to see the @irnbru versus @andy63 challenge!!
Would love to do all the Scotland meets but have to go back to work unfortunately :-(

Really looking forward to this though and planning what places we will go in between.

haha,,, don't be silly , thats a no contest lol... she's living on past reputation, and scared to get her hair wet now:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:..only one winner there I'm afraid..:reel::moon2:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Reply from the kayak centre:

Many thanks for your enquiry. At the moment we have availability during 23rd-26th June 2017. Prices depend on the number in a group, but if between 6 and 10, would be approximately Ā£40 per person for a half day session, or Ā£60 for a full day which includes a 3 course hot lunch.

The price includes tuition and hire of appropriate craft and clothing. Participants should supply their own towels and swimwear.

Please let us know if you would like to book. A non-refundable deposit of Ā£20 per person would be required.

What do you think? A full day session with the opportunity for people to duck out after lunch (but we would have to pay for the full day)? I think it is very reasonable price wise when looking at prices elsewhere.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Reply from the kayak centre:

Many thanks for your enquiry. At the moment we have availability during 23rd-26th June 2017. Prices depend on the number in a group, but if between 6 and 10, would be approximately Ā£40 per person for a half day session, or Ā£60 for a full day which includes a 3 course hot lunch.

The price includes tuition and hire of appropriate craft and clothing. Participants should supply their own towels and swimwear.

Please let us know if you would like to book. A non-refundable deposit of Ā£20 per person would be required.

What do you think? A full day session with the opportunity for people to duck out after lunch (but we would have to pay for the full day)? I think it is very reasonable price wise when looking at prices elsewhere.
Sounds good and assuming we get on the rally list, then we would definitely be interested, 2 of us Jacqui and myself.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Too far for me if it were more down south & on a sheltered Lake I could bring several types of kayak & teach but that is way to far for us.
Wanna meet in Wales then its game on................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back