Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does any body have any of these ramps Milenco Triple...and the Milenco Quattro....if possible could you measure one of both type's to answer my question.....Please

One Advert says on the Quattro
4 stages with total height of 200mm and 160mm on the top 4th stage.

Another advert for the Triple said
3 stages with a 160mm on the top stage...:Doh:?????...Are they saying they are the same total height :winky: ...BUT the Quattro has more height options.....and longer

Could you measure ...please..... the top stage lowest part what the tyre sits on.... to the base please. and say if it was the 3 or 4 you measured thank you

Also what are your opinions of them.
Sorry to be a pain.... but I am now about to disregard my yellow Fiamma 100mm

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, good questions, i have the triple :thumb: and when its stops "persisting it down" :Eeek: i will go and measure for you.
so far have been pleased with the triple. but did consider the quatro but cant remember why i rejected it when i was stood looking at both... ( I guess thats an age thing!! ) :Doh:
it may have been price, size, or they are the same final height!
thats why i say " good questions" i now also want to know the answers.

get back to u soon:thumb:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I have the triples and if it ever stops raining I'll go and measure them. I had the yellow fiamma ones before and these milenco ones are much better.
Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Phil, you're right it's just stopped!
Now, to the centre of the third bit measures 120. To the very end bit is 160 so I guess that is what milenco is quoting.
Hope that helps.
Paul

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi, I have the quatro version, just measured, to centre of top position is 155mm the very end measures 195mm. They are heavy and large but I have a Transit based hobby which is naturally "nose down" and I found the Fiamma ones just were not tall enough at times.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We ended up with the triple - rejected the quatro on weight and size.

So far they have been adequate for every slope encountered :thumb:

Sorry - can't measure as they are in the van in storage!

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, good questions, i have the triple :thumb: and when its stops "persisting it down" :Eeek: i will go and measure for you.
so far have been pleased with the triple. but did consider the quatro but cant remember why i rejected it when i was stood looking at both... ( I guess thats an age thing!! ) :Doh:
it may have been price, size, or they are the same final height!
thats why i say " good questions" i now also want to know the answers.

get back to u soon:thumb:

Thanks Phil ...I await your answer:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have the triples and if it ever stops raining I'll go and measure them. I had the yellow fiamma ones before and these milenco ones are much better.
Cheers.

Thanks ...Nirvanauk...:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Phil, you're right it's just stopped!
Now, to the centre of the third bit measures 120. To the very end bit is 160 so I guess that is what milenco is quoting.
Hope that helps.
Paul

Thank you Nirvanauk...and Phil.....it looks like the Quattro are higher then....160 and 200 to the very end bit

Mel

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Mel, I have got a pair of quattro's personally I love them ,I also take 1 fiamma yellow wedge just to level the third wheel and have always got level. They are a bit bulky but worth it. Thanks for email about the aire the other day. Still trying to talk wife into going back to france for more hols , but after me being took poorly while in the loire shortly after we met you at catillon sur sambre, she's now nervous as she doesn't speak french and also doesn't drive ( then she would feel stranded if the worst happen ) Terry:Cool:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel, I have got a pair of quattro's personally I love them ,I also take 1 fiamma yellow wedge just to level the third wheel and have always got level. They are a bit bulky but worth it. Thanks for email about the aire the other day. Still trying to talk wife into going back to france for more hols , but after me being took poorly while in the loire shortly after we met you at catillon sur sambre, she's now nervous as she doesn't speak french and also doesn't drive ( then she would feel stranded if the worst happen ) Terry:Cool:

Thanks Terry:thumb:....
Sorry to hear you took bad down in the Loire area..but I do understand
We have a new Aire in the Dunkirque:winky::winky: but we need to try it out first...very soon although not the best time of year in France to test any new Aire out

Mel

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, I have the quatro version, just measured, to centre of top position is 155mm the very end measures 195mm. They are heavy and large but I have a Transit based hobby which is naturally "nose down" and I found the Fiamma ones just were not tall enough at times.

Yes that is the problem with the Rapido... nose down..low ground clearance...built for speed:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes the Fiamma are a little on the low side sometimes.

I do like your Avatar.....are you Dave's... Shifty...Shifftzz.....Twin Brother as your Photo and his look very much alike...except for the glasses you have on for the upper class of course:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the reflection of the lady taking your photo is it the Wife...

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I do like your Avatar.....are you Dave's... Shifty...Shifftzz.....Twin Brother as your Photo and his look very much alike...except for the glasses you have on for the upper class of course:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the reflection of the lady taking your photo is it the Wife..

Must be a distant Welsh cousin, The reflexion, yes thats my child bride:ROFLMAO: but for Gods sake don't tell the wife.:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought a set of Quattros at Stratford show, having compared them to the Triples and decided that they gave more options. On the one occasion we've used them we found that having one front wheel on the 4th step of one and the other front wheel on the lower step of the other (rather than using a single ramp with wheel on the third step) gave us the best level for the way the ground was. Rather more versatile than the yellow Fiamma ones we used with our previous van.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi, rather like a previous poster (Graham I think) I use the quattros.

I can sit up on the third level with no fear of toppeling off, I also carry a small fiamma wedge for the third wheel.

I have on one occasion (Metz) sat on the top of the quattro with the opposite wheel on the first step.

A far greater range of heights offering a more versatile levelling solution.

I'm sure they are heavier and larger but they are NOT heavy or indeed too large.
:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Ok its stoped raining :thumb: enough to get the tape out. i know you have had lots of good reply's already. here's my bit;;
overall lenght 600mm
with 300mm
step 1 40mm
step 2 80mm
step 3 120mm

total hiegth at end 160mm.

as already mentioned they are better than the Fiamma models because they are wider and have a flat base plate which does not sink into the ground as much as a Fiamma.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We had some friends from Slovenia stay a few nights in their mh at ours last week and they had the quattros, first time i had seen them and very impressed as he got level no problem

Thinking of getting a set myself

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After crushing 2 sets of the yellow Fiama type we went for the Milenko.. got the Quatro ones as like others, the Miller is nose down and so far, three years on, we have been repeatedly grateful for the extra height !! :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ok its stoped raining :thumb: enough to get the tape out. i know you have had lots of good reply's already. here's my bit;;
overall lenght 600mm
with 300mm
step 1 40mm
step 2 80mm
step 3 120mm

total hiegth at end 160mm.

as already mentioned they are better than the Fiamma models because they are wider and have a flat base plate which does not sink into the ground as much as a Fiamma.

Thanks' Phill ...you are a treasure....and so precise:thumb.....Mel:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i got the thule triple ones as they were cheap but stronger than the fiamma ones.
they have been ok with the weight of my van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back