Milenco Quatro Levellers (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Just ruined my FOURTH SET of Milenco Quatro Levellers. I have tried everything, reversing up, standing start, running start, second gear start but the bottom 6" of gripper starts to sheer off and gets progressively worse until becoming useless after three or four uses. They are supposed to be suitable for up to 8 tons, we are 4 tons. I know some funsters swear by them having no problems at all. I have used Fiama Jumbo and Thule Jumbo levellers no problem but can't get the height. Contacted Milenco with photographs, receipt etc. and they suggested I had rocks and bricks under the levellers when using them which caused the problem! Ridiculous. We only use them on proper pitch surfaces of grass or gravel. Considered a fifth pair and somehow infilling the first 8" with a resin or styrofoam to just below the grip top to re-enforce them. Any sensible suggestions or alternative levellers welcomed!

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
Use ours with no problems and we are 7.5 ton.
Ours is an automatic so perhaps we don't get the wheel spin that is likely to cause the damage.

Perhaps a small strip of strong material fixed to the leading edge of the ramp. This will allow the wheel to "hold" the levellers in place as you drive or reverse up.

Terry

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We're 5 ton and have no problem with ours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Never had a problems with them. I always reverse up them makes it so much easier when leaving.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I have several chunks broken off mine & not just the bottom section either
I wondered if it was to do with tyre tread pattern ( more aggressive tread pattern - more damage)?
Also had them slip away violently from under the tyre on smooth Tarmac

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are rear wheel drive and 5 tons no problems at all but only used on front wheels, is yours front wheel drive?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ours are fine, but the little studs on the underside are getting worn from skidding over ice and grit.
I will put in some small nuts, screws and repair washers to give them more bite on ice.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
we are rear wheel drive and 5 tons no problems at all but only used on front wheels, is yours front wheel drive?

My MH is similar to that owned by @DavidG58. I use Milenco Quattros which have a capacity of 8 tons. My motorhome is 5.3 tons, twin rear wheel drive. I have no problems levelling on either front or rear wheels, on grass or hardstanding.
Very different to my previous experiences with front-wheel-drive motorhomes. At the Great Dorset Steam Fair last year (more mud than the Somme) those of us in FWD vehicles were spinning all the time and 'spitting out' the levellers whereas those using RWD vehicles were driving straight onto their ramps.
That experience went a long way to deciding the choice of chassis/drive for my current MH.
Stef.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Any sensible suggestions or alternative levellers welcomed!

I noticed a pair recently - wooden - home made I guess and built not to break. Must have been pretty heavy.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Mine is 3.5 ton but probably more like 4.5 with the better halfs shoes and outfits :-(, first time I used mine, on a grass pitch I broke some of the bottom sections but do think this was a result of wheel spin on the wet grass. Apart from that they have been great. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You have me beat, my last MoHo was 4.25 tonne and I had it four years using the same Millenco Quattros, I still have them, though I've had Hydraulic levelers fitted to the new one. Having said that you could buy a few sets of quattros for the 5k the levelers cost .

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
As said above,fasten a piece of off cut carpet to the leading edge,this will hold them in place while you...... "Mount them ?" LOL.Worked for me,however,they were heavy and find that the "Triple" version is better for us on this PVC.
Tea Bag

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I bought a pair of e-bay and broke a bit off just putting them away, perhaps they ain't Kosher Millenco.

OP
OP
Bollard
Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Good News. Milenco are sending me a new set of Levellers as a goodwill gesture. I will try my 'fill in' theory!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back