Milenco Internal/External Door Lock Problem (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I am in the process of trying to fit one of these to my 2010 AutoTrail Savannah. Its the one that you can operate from inside as well as outside on the Habitation door.

Now that the van wall has been drilled I have had to go and buy longer bolts than were provided. 45mm were provided and I have bought 60mm which just fit.

The problem is that I can foresee that the square rods that operate both the lock lever and the key/internal lock knob are not going to be long enough to engage or perhaps only engage slightly that the risk of disengagement later is a problem.

Are AutoTrail van walls thicker than others?

Has anyone else tried to fit one of these?

Did you come across the same problem and if so how did you solve it?

I will need to get back to the vendor on Tuesday to find out if Milenco can supply longer square section parts if I can't find a solution myself.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Milenco Habitation Internal/External Door Lock

Now solved!

I made 2 thin stainless steel square plates and drilled holes to match the locks on either side and then bolted through these two plates on either side of the internal and external wall and put washers and nuts on them and did them up tight which squeezed the walls together overnight enough to make it all fit today. The stainless steel plates act like giant washers to stop the locks digging into the walls on either side of the internal and external walls.

Very pleased with the result and we can lock it from both inside and outside whether we are leaving the van to go out or going to bed for the night.

Better than one of those big arm locks that fold out IMHO!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back