Might have an impressive suntan by Sunday night... (1 Viewer)

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
I've booked us in at Beach View site in Leiston, Suffolk for the weekend

When I got the confirmation email back, I noticed that the address is Sizewell....something clicked in my mind so I did a quick check on Google Earth which confirmed that the site is a short distance down the beach from the nuclear power station.....eeeeek!

I chose the site because it is right next to the beach and it looks lovely but I do think it was a bit sly for them not to include Sizewell in their description even though that seems to be the name of the 'village' that it is in

I did consider cancelling it but having read more reviews a few people say not to be put off by the proximity of it, that it doesn't detract from the lovely site.

However, I'm always a bit cautious when it comes to reviews, never quite trusting that they haven't been posted by friends and family sooooo....have any of you stayed there and can put my mind at rest. I'm still a bit iffy.....

Mr Ja63 (ever helpful) said to pack plenty of sunscreen to protect against any radiation rays so we might come back with a nice tan.....either that or glowing green hahaha!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have not stayed there but my brother and his wife went they Sade t a lovely site
bill

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi we live about 8 miles down the road and the site is always really busy the beach is great for walking and there is a cafe on the beach car park. we are sure you will not be disappointed, we would be happy to stay there. you can also camp in the car park at manor end in felixstowe just on the beach no charge just for your info, toilets available and water.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Been to that area many times, lovely area, for Suffolk that is.......................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We looked at a site near Drigg, the name sounded familiar and Google earth showed it to be across the road from the low level nuclear waste dump, hope they don't let any of that trickle out onto the grass.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
When I got the confirmation email back, I noticed that the address is Sizewell....something clicked in my mind so I did a quick check on Google Earth which confirmed that the site is a short distance down the beach from the nuclear power station.....eeeeek!
Nothing wrong with me!! I live near to Sellafield, have done for years! no effects at all. (y)(y)

burn.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back