Might be a really novice question but.... (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
OK, sometime over next week we get to look over our new motor home. Its all new so is there anything we should look out for? I've read so many new disappointments so could do with a check list please!!

It's an Autotrail Apache 700.

We are first timers so no idea what to look out for!

Marquis Ivybridge if anyone lives near by and wants to join us in first inspection! Any help appreciated.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hopefully you will get a detailed handover which should prove everything working correctly but you will surely not remember everything.
Make sure you have all documents , handbooks etc.
When you get home sit in it and grin :D

Congratulations (y)

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
You may want to visit them at
Lee Mill if you want a close up view :D
Good luck and enjoy your new van (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I live only a couple of miles away but I don't think I can help as my only experience is with a PVC. :)
But they seem to be quite successful, so I guess they are an OK company to deal with. I've been to them a couple of times buying a set of levelling ramps and some gas hose. Not the same as dealing with Murvi who are based very close but as dealerships go I think they are straight. :)
Take your time would be my advice. They can spare the time whatever they might hint. :)

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
OK, sometime over next week we get to look over our new motor home. Its all new so is there anything we should look out for? I've read so many new disappointments so could do with a check list please!!

It's an Autotrail Apache 700.

We are first timers so no idea what to look out for!

Marquis Ivybridge if anyone lives near by and wants to join us in first inspection! Any help appreciated.
It'll be largely white with black rubber things at each corner ..............................

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Video the handover for later review. With my new MH I had the handbook as bedtime reading and I went through it with a fine tooth comb trying every switch and setting etc and making my own notes. I have used that dealer for a used MH and found them very good with one thing (wing mirror) I wanted changing. I also phoned a few times once home in Bristol.
You are not too far away should there be anything but I am sure all will be ok and you will have great times ahead.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We bought our Rapido from Marquis....don't worry, we couldn't get the gas igniter to work on the cooker hob. Quick call to Marquis, they called us back Asap ( literally within 5 mins ) and talked us through the problem. Extremely helpful.

Upvote 0

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Make sure it's got a 'proper' spare wheel and not just that gunky rubbish.

Even if the sun is shining make them start up the hot water and heating system.

Have it weighed to find actual payload BEFORE handover.

When it sits on your drive in all its new smell and clean glory - have a drink to congratulate yourselves on joining the MH fraternity - and welcome.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Yeh, we live close by, they are lovely team up there, Stewart, Ryan or Sam all very nice and obliging.
I'm sure they will give you all the time you need and you will be extremely happy with your new toy:)

Upvote 0

Dave_MH

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Relatively New
Make sure it's got a 'proper' spare wheel and not just that gunky rubbish.
Of course you can only do that if a spare wheel is part of the package that you have ordered and paid for - it's too late to start negotiating at the handover.

On the other hand if the vehicle isn't supplied with a proper spare wheel (as many aren't) and you feel that having one would be worth the reduction in available payload, it could be worth asking about the cost of getting one.

Dave

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Cliffdale ,
When we had a problem while touring in Devon we called into them, must say there customer service was excellent , ( I worked in customer service for a large number of years ) & they efficiently repaired our small problem while we waited , they gave us tea & biscuits & generally very helpful.
I'm sure they will explain every thing to you , be sure to make some notes & ask if you are not sure of anything.
When you get home sit in your motorhome on your drive try everything , any probs ring them or ask for advice on this forum. We will all try to help, shame it wasn't last week as we were on hols down your way & I would have been happy to have helped.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back