sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Looking to buy a Mifi booster antenna as struggled for a signal this week in leyburn...its for the
Huawei E5332

any ideas where i can get one please ?

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The E5332 has a TS9 style connector and there are lots of choice with regards to antennas.

We have two on our website -the window mount is very popular but will probably be more than your MiFi device cost as its also 4G ready.

Have you tried putting your MiFi device in a Tupperware box and sticking it on the roof? That can often help more than you'd expect! :)

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
The E5332 has a TS9 style connector and there are lots of choice with regards to antennas.

We have two on our website -the window mount is very popular but will probably be more than your MiFi device cost as its also 4G ready.

Have you tried putting your MiFi device in a Tupperware box and sticking it on the roof? That can often help more than you'd expect! :)
bought our mifi from you with a euro sim a couple of months ago,,so still trying to get everything sorted,,,i know the euro sim issue,,,but just trying to get my 3 sim working so need a booster antenna,,,what do you recomend ?

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If Three was an issue, why not try another provider - like EE as their packages are the same as Three for PAYG. You tend to find that where one network has poor coverage, another network has better coverage and so your money might be better off invested in an alternative SIM rather than an antenna at this stage.

Our window mount antenna (£69.99 on the 3/4G page) is our best selling antenna presently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
An alternative to the Tupperware box on the roof is a plastic bag tied to a flag pole (a tip from Jim). I tried that the one time I had problems with 3 (last year at Malvern show) and it worked fine.

The point about alternative SIMS is a good tip as well - except that I got an EE one and found the coverage pathetic compared to 3 :D

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
An alternative to the Tupperware box on the roof is a plastic bag tied to a flag pole (a tip from Jim). I tried that the one time I had problems with 3 (last year at Malvern show) and it worked fine.

The point about alternative SIMS is a good tip as well - except that I got an EE one and found the coverage pathetic compared to 3 :D
solved 2 problems with a bit of luck,,,,,,,bought a flag pole,,,needed one for the funsters flag,,,and can tape the dongle to it also,,,fingers crossed solves problems x 2 for £10......if not i will be back....:(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks to this thread I have internet connection. My old mifi is flying high. Surprisingly though the battery is supposed to last 4.5hrs. I put it up there over 8rs ago , now woke upand I'm still connected.. Perhaps it puts itself to sleep too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
bought our mifi from you with a euro sim a couple of months ago,,so still trying to get everything sorted,,,i know the euro sim issue,,,but just trying to get my 3 sim working so need a booster antenna,,,what do you recomend ?

I had a few issues trying to get 3 working when I bought the unit at Malvern. Eventually thanks to Addie's patience we got it all going with EE

If Three was an issue, why not try another provider - like EE as their packages are the same as Three for PAYG. You tend to find that where one network has poor coverage, another network has better coverage and so your money might be better off invested in an alternative SIM rather than an antenna at this stage.

Our window mount antenna (£69.99 on the 3/4G page) is our best selling antenna presently.

It all works very well, discovered that Vodamoan data is dreadful but EE is pretty good so far

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
except that I got an EE one and found the coverage pathetic compared to 3 :D

I was conned too. Think it was mentioned on here, a load of data for £15. The only place it's ever performed is here at home :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back