LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:thumb::Smile: Hi I use a Mifi all the time on 3 network it's up in the bedroom pluged in all the time for a better signal work's great :Smile: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi i have one on 3 network in the van and it works great even with ipad / nintendo dsi etc no problems.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
does anyone own and use a MiFi ! which network do they use and do they work ok with I- Pad !

We had one on the ship for a while, for use when we were in UK ports.
It was on "3" network. Link Removed

It was ok if you could get a "3" signal, but the more people who connected to it really slowed it down and it also then ate the data allowance like a hungry hippo!..:whatthe::cry:

Guess it would be ok if you had an i pod touch or i pad (without sim) which require a wireless signal. When in the van we just use our mobile phones or dongles to connect so we each have our own connection.

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
errr, excuse us less educated,,
but

"Whats a MIFI" :Blush:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The best way I can describe is that it is a stand alone dongle that you connect to using wireless technology ( you do not put it in to a usb port).

The advantage is that you can connect up to 5 devices (laptops, iphones, xbox etc.) simultaneously. It connects to the internet over the mobile network just like a dongle.

Hope you can understand this

John

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
The best way I can describe is that it is a stand alone dongle that you connect to using wireless technology ( you do not put it in to a usb port).

The advantage is that you can connect up to 5 devices (laptops, iphones, xbox etc.) simultaneously. It connects to the internet over the mobile network just like a dongle.

Hope you can understand this

John

yep makes sense now, but I note Orange dont do one.

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Dont forget the personal hotspot on your iPhone, tethers perfectly with the iPad, saves buying a MiFi and there's no point in having another sim or contract :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Dont forget the personal hotspot on your iPhone, tethers perfectly with the iPad, saves buying a MiFi and there's no point in having another sim or contract :Smile:

I use my normal sim card... put it in the "thingy" and you have wi-fi for up to five computers/phone/games/music player etc...

Designed for van life imo

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back