mifi (2 Viewers)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
We are currently in blanes with a Vodafone mifi unlocked. We have bought a 2gb sim card orange and had it put into the mifi.

The I pad recognized the mifi unit and has a strong signal. Unfortunately every time we log on to a page it says no internet connection. Any ideas would be good. Thank you.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I do not know about an iPad but with my android devices I had to download the Huawei app to be able to connect to the internet via my mifi.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hope I'm not stating the obvious, Has the mifi got a strong cellular signal though?,cos it will still send its mifi but if it's not receiving the Orange network it won't work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Is the Mifi connected to the Internet?
You should be able to check this in the status window

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi daz.. hope ive got this right...but just because you are connected to the mobile Wi Fi device doesn't mean you are connected to the Internet. .. There will be a signal indicator on the device which on the Vodafone unit is a series ok bars... Red indicates no Internet connection through to green which should be giving you Internet. .
My Vodafone unit also required the correct apn information to be inserted into the device using the log in page...depending on the sim card I was using...
Hope I've picked up your query correctly...If not just ignore the above ...:)
Hope the pair of you are well and we meet up at some point again..
Andy

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The strong signal is the connection from the mifi to the i=pad not the 3g/4g signal to the mifi. I think the settings in th mifi need to be sorted out is the mifi signal green or red if red it is not connected to the mobile signal. From memory you have to log onto the mifi with your web browser type in 192.168.1.1 the you can alter the settings it is probably the apn setting that needs changing

OP
OP
Daz n Tina
Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi daz.. hope ive got this right...but just because you are connected to the mobile Wi Fi device doesn't mean you are connected to the Internet. .. There will be a signal indicator on the device which on the Vodafone unit is a series ok bars... Red indicates no Internet connection through to green which should be giving you Internet. .
My Vodafone unit also required the correct apn information to be inserted into the device using the log in page...depending on the sim card I was using...
Hope I've picked up your query correctly...If not just ignore the above ...:)
Hope the pair of you are well and we meet up at some point again..
Andy
Thank you for the info Andy. You were correct. Would love to meet again in the future.

OP
OP
Daz n Tina
Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
The strong signal is the connection from the mifi to the i=pad not the 3g/4g signal to the mifi. I think the settings in th mifi need to be sorted out is the mifi signal green or red if red it is not connected to the mobile signal. From memory you have to log onto the mifi with your web browser type in 192.168.1.1 the you can alter the settings it is probably the apn setting that needs changing
Thank you for the info

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I have bought many sims in many countries. It is always a good idea to ask for the APN in the shop and write it down. Most of the time the mifi and sim seem to do it automatically. But sometimes they don't, it can be a bugger then. You have to ask Mr Google and there will inevitably be 3 or 4 that the network uses that you will have to work through.

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back