Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Try connecting to this site if it is a huawei mifi 192.168.1.1, log into settings using the password 'admin', then 'dial up, network settings on manual, profile set to 3UK and APN 3internet

On my mobile Vodafone wi fi R207 i have had it unlocked and it is showing the same as PORKSTERs now im on three,i have done as you say but after password admin i cant find dial up,network settings manual.
help please

Deleted User
I will attempt to do a few screen shots
upload_2015-9-2_17-0-10.png

Click on settings

upload_2015-9-2_17-1-17.png
upload_2015-9-2_17-0-10.png upload_2015-9-2_17-1-17.png
Password admin

upload_2015-9-2_17-2-47.png

Click on dial up and then network and mobile settings to manual and profile management as this screen

upload_2015-9-2_17-6-22.png

That is how is mine is set up, I am in the UK at the moment so I cannot do a manual search of available networks but I think if the network settings are manual and then press apply a list of the available networks comes up. To find out the strengths of each network you have to connect to the network and see how many bars you get.

Forgot to mention this screen is for huawei mifi devices, not sure what yours is but this make seems very popular.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Hi matamoras,my device is Vodafone 207 as i said in my thread and as i said im getting the same picture as PORKSTER,
so stoll having problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Huawei supply mifi units to lots of different networks sold under the networks brand name.

I googled the number that yours is connected to and the device is either a netgear or D- link.

I think you need to access the settings page somehow in order to enter the correct APN this link

http://ip19216801.org/

says the password for a D-link router is blank and for netgear is either password or 1234, my advice would be to try these and see what appears.

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Can't remember which now but when I set mine up I had to put I think 80 80 in one of the settings. There were a lot of posts at the time about the settings so worth a search.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi matamoras,my device is Vodafone 207 as i said in my thread and as i said im getting the same picture as PORKSTER,
so stoll having problems.

sorry your having troubles but I am glad I am not alone

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Because the mifi was locked to Vodafone it will always direct you to the Vodafone page, when the mifi gets unlocked it still thinks it belongs to Vodafone, you can use whatever data sim but it will still direct you to Vodafone to connect.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Because the mifi was locked to Vodafone it will always direct you to the Vodafone page, when the mifi gets unlocked it still thinks it belongs to Vodafone, you can use whatever data sim but it will still direct you to Vodafone to connect.

mine shows its on three sim but i cant get any data and cant get into it to change settings its now another dust collector

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
I see you are leaving on Friday, take the mifi with you, I have got a locked Vodafone mifi still in its wrapper and a 3 sim, I will get it unlocked then will let you know how to set it up. But it won't be done till Friday, have you downloaded the "My 3 " app to your computer, and registered the sim, that app will also tell you how much data you have left on your sim.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I see you are leaving on Friday, take the mifi with you, I have got a locked Vodafone mifi still in its wrapper and a 3 sim, I will get it unlocked then will let you know how to set it up. But it won't be done till Friday, have you downloaded the "My 3 " app to your computer, and registered the sim, that app will also tell you how much data you have left on your sim.

I have registered my sim,and having the same trouble as PORKSTER,so i will be watching with interest.

P.S i took my mobile wi fi R207 to three when i bought the PAYG mobile broadband sim and they were unable to set it up.

:(:(

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I got the R207 and unlocked it...it was difficult to set up and as has been mentioned there was a thread running around xmas time with lots of advice on what you had to do..
every time you put a new providers sim in you had to go into the log in page which as said above always Vodafone and change the apn setting and password.. it also required a number entered in a box as well which was 8080 ..that box couldn't be left blank..
ill connect it up and have a look tomorrow if you are still having problems , so that I can be more specific about how to get to the page required.
the thread been refred to also had links to access the apn's for the different providers..

I got sick of it and bought a device from motorhome wifi which works without all the above carry on, but don't know how that is...maybe something to do with the software loaded on the device
ta andy

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Ok, at the moment I am waiting for the R207 unlock key, in the meantime if you have not done so, plug mifi into usb laptop, go to "my PC" & click on the icon for Vodafone which will open the Vodafone window, click to instal Vodafone Wifi, when this has installed a Vodafone icon will show on the desktop. Go to your internet connection and click on the connection (on my laptop it shows as network 2), the vodafone page will come up. Password at top right is "admin" and logon this brings up a new page, click on mobile wifi, then wifi, this page shows your mobile number and that you are connected. this is where you will get the settings for all Uk sims http://www.mobilez.org/support/apns/uk/ When I get the unlock for the mifi I will let you know how it goes with a 3 sim in it.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning

As normal im running late on my trip prep But will try later ..................It was so easy unlocking it I think i missed pressing a button somewhere as I was doing it I thought this is too good to be true lol

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Ok, at the moment I am waiting for the R207 unlock key, in the meantime if you have not done so, plug mifi into usb laptop, go to "my PC" & click on the icon for Vodafone which will open the Vodafone window, click to instal Vodafone Wifi, when this has installed a Vodafone icon will show on the desktop. Go to your internet connection and click on the connection (on my laptop it shows as network 2), the vodafone page will come up. Password at top right is "admin" and logon this brings up a new page, click on mobile wifi, then wifi, this page shows your mobile number and that you are connected. this is where you will get the settings for all Uk sims http://www.mobilez.org/support/apns/uk/ When I get the unlock for the mifi I will let you know how it goes with a 3 sim in it.

managed to get that all loaded and open so what now ?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
huawei mifi
I got the R207 and unlocked it...it was difficult to set up and as has been mentioned there was a thread running around xmas time with lots of advice on what you had to do..
every time you put a new providers sim in you had to go into the log in page which as said above always Vodafone and change the apn setting and password.. it also required a number entered in a box as well which was 8080 ..that box couldn't be left blank..
ill connect it up and have a look tomorrow if you are still having problems , so that I can be more specific about how to get to the page required.
the thread been refred to also had links to access the apn's for the different providers..

I got sick of it and bought a device from motorhome wifi which works without all the above carry on, but don't know how that is...maybe something to do with the software loaded on the device
ta andy

Sounds more Like it...I'm hopeless with tech. Can anyone explain how it works please....

Deleted User
Not exactly sure what you need but if you have an unlocked huawei mifi then no matter which data sim that you insert it will connect to this site Broken Link Removed in order to input the APN for the network of the inserted sim

To do this you will have to enter a password which is usually 'admin',then in settings select 'dial up' then 'profile management, for the '3' network enter the name as '3UK' and the APN as '3internet'.

This should get you connected to the 3 network and does not need altering when used in their 'feel at home' countries , this information applies to PAYG data sims in mifi units, I think for contract sims different rules apply.

When in a feel at home country the mifi will connect to a local network which may not always be the strongest available, it is possible to do a manual search of available networks to try another one, see my previous post with the screenshots.

Many network providers issue huawei mifi units with the name of the network prominent but somewhere on the unit will be the name of the manufacturer.

If your mifi unit is of a different make it will connect to a different homepage to the one above but I think the process will be similar ie password then find the settings page and enter the correct APN.

If you or anyone else does not know the password to enter the settings page then I would suggest contacting the network provider that supplied the mifi originally(vodafone?) or the manufacturer of the unit.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
managed to get that all loaded and open so what now ?
I went to bed, have unlocked the mifi now, Matamoros above has covered one of my suggestions, if you need any more help then let me know, regards, Joan, the social secretary for Mike

Reactions: DBK

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I went to bed, have unlocked the mifi now, Matamoros above has covered one of my suggestions, if you need any more help then let me know, regards, Joan, the social secretary for Mike

So can you connect to the internet on it ?

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
the only access Ican get is through the vodafone site network settings lets me chose 3uk but still cant connect I am giving up in a mo as i have a 10.30 train to catch thanks for all your help sorry im a crap pupil

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Porkster, have just seen you are catching a train, you are so nearly there, you just need one more step to getting connected,

Last edited:
OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
kind off i retire lol
for sale mifi and three sim

Deleted User
On the second post by porkster there is a screenshot of a log in page with a section near the top clearly labelled 'password' and a log in button.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
On the second post by porkster there is a screenshot of a log in page with a section near the top clearly labelled 'password' and a log in button.
The password is admin, then logon, this brings you to the main setup page which I described, just make sure the mifi is switched on to then enter the settings for 3,

Deleted User
I have tried to explain that several times with the correct APN for3 but for some reason this does not seem to work for porkster

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Here is a screens hot of the Vodafone mobile wife units log in page with a 3 data sim installed.
Under mobile Wi Fi click on connections on left hand side and make sure the boxes are as the screen shot. .
Hope that helps.. mine is connected with that info entered.
Screenshot_2015-09-04-19-56-20.png

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks guys time was against me with a few other issues. I am now at gravelines and its time for bed I did manage to get a three sim in my phone but I've properly messed that up too lol.

This week past has been a nightmare tommorow another day I may post a little of my trip along the way.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Here is a screens hot of the Vodafone mobile wife units log in page with a 3 data sim installed.
Under mobile Wi Fi click on connections on left hand side and make sure the boxes are as the screen shot. .
Hope that helps.. mine is connected with that info entered.
View attachment 74697
Done, I have connected my R207 to 3 internet, I used the instructions as quoted , and it worked first time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back