Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Amazon product ASIN B00OZLH0DK
I have one of these and find it great. I have used it in France, Spain and Portugal. I used a local Vodafone SIM in both France and Spain and an Orange one in France. I didn't do a lot of research on which SIM to buy but went to the first phone shop I came across when I arrived in the particular country. I then just topped up when I ran out. I was able to top up in Spain at the ATM which was great but in France and Portugal had to go to a shop as I was told I needed a card on a Bank account in that country - I'm sure here are ways around that but I didn't have a lot of time then. Only one small negative is it needed to be charged quite often. I became much more careful after a while and turned if off if I wasn't using it and it was fine then.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thank you everyone - I have ordered a :)

Huawei E5377s-32 150 Mbps 4G LTE Mobile Wifi Hotspot
That will be my next one if my old one ever needs replacing..good choice and well done for asking advice on th best forum ever...Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
You won't be using 3 network abroad (France and Spain) as they piggyback other networks ie Orange in France, and I forget who in Spain. ;)

For anyone interested here is the 'three' page for finding roaming partners (I found manually selecting one on the iPhone better than leaving it to do it automatically, mainly because it didn't do it automatically!)

You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page for the partners (this page is for France, you can change the country using the link near the top).

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_international/Mobile_roaming?content_aid=1214306374696

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thank you everyone - I have ordered a :)

Huawei E5377s-32 150 Mbps 4G LTE Mobile Wifi Hotspot
A good mifi I think. It takes two aerial connections, which would allow you to fit something like this, although you would need adaptors on the leads on this model. Broken Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a 5332 which has an antenna socket. I don't think I've been anywhere where I've had a 4G signal though. I think its mainly in the cities which I avoid.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have a 5332 which has an antenna socket. I don't think I've been anywhere where I've had a 4G signal though. I think its mainly in the cities which I avoid.
That's the one I've got, I think it's only 3g so you won't get a 4g signal. As I use it with payg 3 mobile this doesn't bother me. No chance of being tempted to watch a video. :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
That's the one I've got, I think it's only 3g so you won't get a 4g signal. As I use it with payg 3 mobile this doesn't bother me. No chance of being tempted to watch a video. :)
Yes I think it's only 3G but my phone is 4G and hardly anywhere has a 4G signal, especially in France where I have never found one (not that I have any use for one).

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back