Middle aged frustrated designer! (1 Viewer)

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
Hello all
I bought my first Motor Home just over 1 year ago and have now visited most of south west England along with Scotland, Belgium (Grand Prix) and France.

On my travels, I have been thinking of things that would make it even better!
One thing I saw was a pole carrier mounted on the bike rack at th rear of the motor home. Great Idea - but poorly executed. 6inch pipe with two solvent sockets mounted dubiously.

Is there any need out there for a 6 inch pole/fishing rod/cosy corner carrier, that looks good an has a locking cap?

Another idea is a roll out workshop for fixed bed vans. I was forever having to stick my head into the far reaches of the garage. Now I have a prototype roll out box allowing easy access to all of the accesories!

I have a garage with a few engineering tools (CNC Mill, Lathe etc) If there is a need I can do some runs.

Any comments or ideas for products welcome!!

Many thanks for reading

Marcus

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Marcus , welcome to the Fun, I think you'll fit here nicely::bigsmile: :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
One thing I saw was a pole carrier mounted on the bike rack at th rear of the motor home.
Marcus

I hope that was for carrying them home, we really don't need any more coming here.

One sensible thought, weight is everything. Some MHs have barely the capacity for a pair of knickers when they leave the factory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
:welcome::welcome:
Hi Marcus , welcome to the Fun,[HI] I think you'll fit here nicely[/HI]::bigsmile: :thumb:
I echo that sentiment,::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
... I saw was a pole carrier mounted on the bike rack at th rear of the motor home. Great Idea - but poorly executed. 6inch pipe with two solvent sockets mounted dubiously.

Is there any need out there for a 6 inch pole/fishing rod/cosy corner carrier, that looks good an has a locking cap?

Marcus

Hi Marcus, welcome to the forum..

This idea has been around for ages.. RVers use them to carry their black tank flexible dumping waste pipes , usually mounted across the rear bumper..

It's a cheap and easy DIY project .. about £20 for 2 mt soil pipe + caps + mounting brackets..

I don't see a market for something that is more expensive and or elaborate .. unless you can do it cheaper..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Marcus, Something for you to think about is a good CHEAP tilting mechanism for tilting solar panels towards the sun. Preferably worked from inside the van. I have been working on a self tracking solar system for over a year now, but it would be impractical for commercial use. But a good tilting system that could be sold at a good price am sure there is a market for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back