Middle aged frustrated designer!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mdixon, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mdixon

mdixon Read Only Funster

Hello all
    I bought my first Motor Home just over 1 year ago and have now visited most of south west England along with Scotland, Belgium (Grand Prix) and France.

On my travels, I have been thinking of things that would make it even better!
    One thing I saw was a pole carrier mounted on the bike rack at th rear of the motor home. Great Idea - but poorly executed. 6inch pipe with two solvent sockets mounted dubiously.

Is there any need out there for a 6 inch pole/fishing rod/cosy corner carrier, that looks good an has a locking cap?

Another idea is a roll out workshop for fixed bed vans. I was forever having to stick my head into the far reaches of the garage. Now I have a prototype roll out box allowing easy access to all of the accesories!

I have a garage with a few engineering tools (CNC Mill, Lathe etc) If there is a need I can do some runs.

Any comments or ideas for products welcome!!

Many thanks for reading

Marcus

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Marcus , welcome to the Fun, I think you'll fit here nicely:BigGrin: :thumb:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I hope that was for carrying them home, we really don't need any more coming here.

One sensible thought, weight is everything. Some MHs have barely the capacity for a pair of knickers when they leave the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leftlegger

Leftlegger Funster

:welcome::welcome:
    I echo that sentiment,:BigGrin:

5. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:party2::welcome::party2:

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Marcus, welcome to the forum..

This idea has been around for ages.. RVers use them to carry their black tank flexible dumping waste pipes , usually mounted across the rear bumper..

It's a cheap and easy DIY project .. about £20 for 2 mt soil pipe + caps + mounting brackets..

I don't see a market for something that is more expensive and or elaborate .. unless you can do it cheaper..

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi Marcus, Something for you to think about is a good CHEAP tilting mechanism for tilting solar panels towards the sun. Preferably worked from inside the van. I have been working on a self tracking solar system for over a year now, but it would be impractical for commercial use. But a good tilting system that could be sold at a good price am sure there is a market for.