Rally MID SUMMER MADNESS at MISTERTON (1 Viewer)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
IMG_0662.JPG

Thanks again to Runrig and Co for a super weekend will look forward to the next one and a great chance to put some faces to names this is our new baby recovering from limbo dancing

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we love Misterton, a highlight of our year, so much gratitude to all involved in putting it on again this year

Delighted not to hear Sheila once say this is the last year, so bring it on for June 2018, get the list started :)(y)

Thanks to all, breakfast (y)(y) beer (y)(y) and the company wasn't bad either :)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What a heroic effort by Team Sheila.

Above and beyond the call of FUNster duty with a breakfast to die for.

And you didn't get me this time - nee-nah nee-nah <raspberry>

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Don't think you have got away I have means of getting my own back complete with pictures. :Grin::rofl::RollEyes:

Loroli of the Sheaf x

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
[QUOTE="signworks, post: 2404044, member: 28299")
Sorry I had to knock you up

Cheers tomi[/QUOTE]
Please could those of us not lucky enough to be there have full details!!!!! :Eeek:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks to Sheila, Mick, Shirley, Andy and all the helpers for making it a cracking weekend. As usual we just have to turn up and do as much or as little as we want to which translates as eating and drinking as much as we want while doing as little excercise as possible.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Brilliant weekend again! great thanks to Sheila and Mick, Shirley and Andy and all the wonderful full breakfast cooks, beer providers, tent erectors, fabulous new and old entertainers and helpers for making this another memorable event.
Roll on next year(y)
Vin&Jo

Jan 24, 2015
Spalding
Funster No
MH
Carado T337
Exp
Since 2000
Nicely said Vin and Jo, all goes for us as well. Came down to say goodbye this morning but you had skipped off for an all day breakfast. Well and truly deserved after Sunday Breakfast. Sheila, you cannot retire, that's the law, you've got to do at least one more, and then one more.
Lots of love to you all from Ann and George
ps Vin, don't forget to include yourself with the entertainers

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Fantastic weekend many thanks to Sheila and Mick, Shirley and Andy, all the breakfast cooks, all the entertainers, all the fantastic funsters that made for a great weekend.Looking forward to the next one.
Jim and Lyn

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Great few days again, well done done Sheila and Mick, Andy and Shirley and all the cooks, bottlewashers and helpers, nice to get a few more entertainers up to do a "turn" good fun as ever, sorry if I didn't get to speak to everyone, catch you next time(y)

Jan 25, 2015
Cheadle Hulme
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Another brilliant rally at Misterton. Sheila and her team are amazing with not only their organisation skills but making sure everybody has the best time. Thank you so much looking forward to the next one.
Tony & Suzanne xx

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Great weekend albeit a bit boozy. Thanks to Sheila, Mick, Shirley, Andy and all other head cooks and bottle washers. We went for a breakfast to the riding stables this morning and the place has changed hands - arty farty vegetarian stuff. We had a breakfast of sorts but it was pants compared to the one we had on the rally field. Thanks again one and all.

PS Saw the Flying Scotsman passing at speed through Misterton whilst we were en route to the White Hart for lunch. The Red Arrows flew over the pub as we were dining.

Ken & Lynda

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
:ta:
To Mick Sheila, Andy and Shirley and all the other helpers who make this rally as brilliant as it is.
We both had a fantastic time, met a few fresh faces and caught up with the usual old wrinkly ones too.
See some of you at Terry's meet in a couple of weeks , if not at Saltfleet or Goth.
Xxxx

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Jim could you create a media folder for Misterton 2017 when you get chance please:)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Arrived home safely and as others have said a big thanks to Sheila, Mick, Shirley and Andy, also all the cooks and musicians.
Although Sandra couldn't get around much it has really perked her up chatting to friends old and new.
Thanks to everyone.
Dave.

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Dear Funsters,

Sorry I was not around this morning but was late getting up then went down for breakfast at the pantry, not very good as had to send the first lot of poached eggs back as they were very hard.

What more can I do after arranging the Vulcan bomber last year, then this year for the Flying Scotsman to come through Misterton and then a flypast by the Red Arrows over the White Hart Pub in West Stockwith, this is my swansong as I cannot top that.
I would also like give my thanks to all the fantastic friends who help Mick and myself to make this another good rally, you know who you are xxxx

Sheila

Mar 7, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:sun::sun::thanks4:SHEILA,SHIRLEY,MICK,ANDY
and your FANTASTIC TEAM

YOU PULLED IT OFF AGAIN
ANOTHER WEEKEND TO REMEMBER,
GREAT MEET , GREAT CROWD , GREAT TIME
FLYING SCOTSMAN,RED ARROWS BRILLENT WEATHER AS WELL
AND THE FAMOUS DOG WALK, CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT 2018

BIG THANKS Derick & Jill

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Dear Funsters,

What more can I do after arranging the Vulcan bomber last year, then this year for the Flying Scotsman to come through Misterton and then a flypast by the Red Arrows over the White Hart Pub in West Stockwith, this is my swansong as I cannot top that.
I would also like give my thanks to all the fantastic friends who help Mick and myself to make this another good rally, you know who you are xxxx

Sheila

Sheila, you don't have to top it.
We didn't see the Flying Scotsman or the Red Arrows, we didn't go for that, nor would we go if the QE2 was docking in the West Stockwith canal basin. We go for the craic. We go for the company. We go for the banter.
Please continue doing what you do and I promise I will take all the marauding hordes of Sheilas Wheels Hells Angels on another run. All two of them.(y)

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Nicely said Vin and Jo, all goes for us as well. Came down to say goodbye this morning but you had skipped off for an all day breakfast. Well and truly deserved after Sunday Breakfast. Sheila, you cannot retire, that's the law, you've got to do at least one more, and then one more.
Lots of love to you all from Ann and George
ps Vin, don't forget to include yourself with the entertainers
Cheers George, great weekend, see you again soon.
Vin

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Great weekend, Thank you Sheila, Mick, Shirley and Andy, Jane and all the helpers for all the hard work that you do to make this a must do meet , with great entertainment ...the Hawaiian theme was very colourful , great breakfast perhaps you could advise a certain nearby cafe how breakfast is cooked lol ....thoroughly enjoyed the dog walk especially seeing the Flying Scotsman passing and the Red arrows , even the weather behaved itself...with a perfect venue to meet up with old and new friends

John n Kath and L'il Tom xx

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Big Thanks to Sheila Mick Shirley Andy and their band of helpers you all do a fantastic job every year on this great rally, fab entertainers and lovely company , great meeting old friends and new , see you all soon
Sue & Eric x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back