microwaves low power

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by jgee, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jgee

jgee Read Only Funster

the ones i have seen are expensive how low input power is needed does anyone recommend one:Wink:

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

we just use an ordinary microwave, just remember not to use the kettle or something like a hairdryer at the same time.

The low power ones not only cost a fortune to buy but take longer to heat your stuff as well, in our last van we just converted a cuboard to hold the microwave, but the new van came with a micro fitted. Not tried our new one yet but if it doesnt do as i want when i want as quick as i want it will be removed and replaced.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  3. dpick

dpick Read Only Funster

I do the same standard microwave, have used it at the same time as TV and lights with no problems.

dpick

4. Caztur

Caztur Funster

Yes just use a standard one - the input should be on the back; it's like anything else - heaters, kettles, hairdryer or whatever, just don't go over the amperage for the site by trying to run too much at once.

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

DITTO....

the 'made for motorhome' ones are a ripoff, pricewise, and the 12v ones are even worse....dont know for sure as i'd never entertain a 12v one but maybe 50amps or more on full power.

cant beat a cheap supermarket bargain microwave for the time it gets used.
    mine was £24 at morrisons :Eeek:

6. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

When you buy your cheap microwave for the MH, as we did, look around for the one with the lowest input.

Also size and weight are often important.

7. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

microwave

Bought ours from Comet bog standard for 28 quid. currently on 10 amps here in Spain no problem as long as we are sensible and turn off kettle etc.

OFF thread Have lost my Pound sign which used to be on the number 3 key Also the " and @ have swopped over. Have I done something to move these.