microwave question

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by pamella, Oct 10, 2013.

1. pamella

pamella Read Only Funster

i we were to put our microwave in a top cupboard do we need to fit a vent either to outside or perhaps to the side of the cupboard if we used the end one by the door or is a gap around the microwave enough?

2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Not sure what you are supposed to do, but we put one in a top cupboard without venting and used it for about 4 years. We made sure there was about a 3 inch gap at the back to keep the vent clear.

I think with the cupboard door open that is enough.

No doubt someone more technically minded will be along to call me a fool:BigGrin:

3. ukbill

ukbill Funster

a vent is not needed but never push it all the way back to the wall like the 1 over my fridge these cupboards are mainly made for microwaves so if needed a vent would have been fitted

4. OllieUK

OllieUK Read Only Funster

Microwavez generate heat when they are being used so you should leave a gap for the air to circulate. If you intend to use your microwave for re-heating food the heating process is for a few minutes at a time.
    Cooking with the microwave means it will be on for longer periods so if you can install a vent, fresh air can circulate more freely you will reduce any risk of fire. :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1