microwave oven for compass 120 low profile (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
OK you wise owls. We are looking at which microwave oven to fit in the top locker of the above (not yet recieved) motorhome. About 500 watt and as shallow front to back as possible. Locker depth is only 25 mm. Help.

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
OOPs

OK you smarty panties you, so I meant cm. I was a pounds shillings and pence man, but still need help for the original question. The owls dont appear to be as fast as the takers of the filtered water. Mitch.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
cant help with a selection of microwaves but and its a big but why would you want a microwave in a top locker surly this spells disaster.
the last place i would want anything hot and spillable for example hot microwaved soup higher than the standard worktop height the potential for a serious scald is far greater the higher the hot substance.

this is of course my personal opinion.

andy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
For the reasons which Andy pointed out I'm always amazed when I see that manufacturers install microwaves high up in vans. Some are much too high for Jill (and some of our friends) to use safely. There is also the question of weight. Microwaves are not the lightest of devices.

The question I would ask anyone contemplating buying a microwave for the van is do you really need one? We have been all electric at home for cooking since we married nearly 40 years ago but manage perfectly well with gas in the van.

For our first 18 months of having the van we used traditional cooking pots & pans but 3 and a half years ago bought a double skillet and now would not be without it. Different methods but just as varied & enjoyable a diet and the difference is all part of the fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back