Had a real fright last night, the microwave went up in smoke. As it was fitted above the cooker it was difficult to get it out and switch it off. Not a good start to the holiday but thanks to hubby 's quick thinking we got it out and avoided a disaster. The van filled with smoke so quickly it could have been so much worse. Will definitely not be replacing the microwave. It was in a stupid place anyway and I've put the space it was in to much better and safer use. Hubby didn't realise the gravity of the situation at first as he is used to smoke alarms going off when I cook, it usually means his dinner is ready!