smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I have a 12 plate Dethleffs T7150. Relatively light use considering it has only 9000 miles on it.
However, the kitchen tap has suddenly stopped working, in that the pump does not switch on with the tap. The shower and the toilet tap works as normal, so I assume that it is the micro switch in the tap that has failed, rather than the pump. I know it is not a pressured system as the tap clicks when you switch on.
So I get to trying to get to the tap, but it looks like I have to remove the oven. Being an ex kitchen fitter, I know how to remove the oven door to get to the four screws that hold in the oven.

But then I try to lift out the oven and I am stopped as the surrounding frame has a metal angle bar section at the bottom. I cannot see any screws or a means to remove this retaining frame. I am a bit reluctant to persevere as I do not know what connections or whatever are at the back of the oven.

The tap does not have a means to exchange the micro switch from above as there is no screw. The kitchen is the 'Gourmet centre' as Dethleffs calls it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What sort of tap, mine are Reich taps and the hot/cold plastic indicator comes out and has a screw under them and then you will probably find the micro switch wire is broken, which if your lucky you can solder back together.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
smiffy64

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I think it is a Reich tap, but not totally certain. The 'hot/cold' logo is just a transfer it seems.
Here is a photo (hopefully) and the oven in situ' Some advice in removing that frame around it would be good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20170503_181044.jpg
    20170503_181044.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20170503_181053.jpg
    20170503_181053.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

Chufter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
3years
I know this is an old thread but I wondered if you found it an easy job to replace the microswitch. Is it a standard piece available on eBay? I have the same issue and just trying to source parts. Thanks in advance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back