Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Hi all we just wanted to know if any of you have ever used micro towels rather than standard bath towels.Have had reports that these things are great and dry really quick,can anyone enlighten us please?

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Yes, we've used them for the last couple of years motorcycle touring. They feel a little strange on the skin at first, but pack away to almost nothing and dry extremely quickly. We'll stiill be using ours in the motorhome:thumb:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My son bought one to go camping by train to Cornwall while in 6th form, he said it was brilliant and dried really quickly but he said it was not like getting wrapped up in a nice soft towel! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We've had a couple. One was very good, the other one was crap - it didn't dry quickly or in fact at all. It was a cheap one from Go Outdoors that we bought as a trial. We've gone back to cotton towels.
Maybe if we hadn't been skinflints and paid more the results would have been better.
My suggestion is to buy one to try at home but don't just go for the cheapest like we did.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
My son bought one to go camping by train to Cornwall while in 6th form, he said it was brilliant and dried really quickly but he said it was not like getting wrapped up in a nice soft towel! :Smile:

Bless him ,
:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Sounds like we might invest then.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Used one in the army for years, very good piece of kit due to the size and quick drying, but would I use one in a mh, no way just because your away no need to slum it

Revk

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
swift Royale 630
Exp
One obvious flaw

If you want to dru yourself they are brilliant save a lot of space & weight, but, if you want to cover your dignity there is an obvious flaw. :ROFLMAO:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I use a microfibre towel when away in the 'van. Definitely dries faster but feels weird - sort of tacky/scratchy? I think you're supposed to dab with it rather than rub.

Thin and therefore not as soft and warm as a normal bath towel, but I'll skip that if it means that it dries faster.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have a couple of cheap ones that are ok but not great we now use them for the dog, while in France last year we bought a good quality one from the decathlon shop for our daughters duke of Edinburgh expedition and have to say its an excellent towel so small when folded and stick it out side for 5 mins and its dry.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Have used one when travelling in Africa as an emergency towel when the alternative was to dry yourself on the curtains. :Eeek: For that, they're ok but no way would I use them in my van. I like a bit of comfort and have no trouble getting conventional towels dry. To me, microfibre towels are the equivalent of Izal toilet paper - only to be used if there's no alternative! :wub:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Bought ours at the NEC show. Wish we'd got some sooner. We've used them through the winter, when it's often difficult to dry anything, including yourself.

They launder well, even by hand in cool water (so I'm told), they dry quickly and take up far less storage space than conventional towels.

As for drying yourself, just remember to dab not rub.

The ones we got are hand towels and bath towels but if you want something to hide in there is also a bath sheet.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Well the positives outway the negatives so ive ordered some, i will try and remember not to rub and hopefully become a "dab" hand at it.(sorry):ROFLMAO:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have several, good quality I ones and dabbing is better than rubbing. We use ordinary ones too but the Microfibre ones are really effective and dry fast. I have some Microfibre the towels from Kleeneze, smallish but very good.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would go with the general consensus good quality work well we have two bath size towels, they take up a lot less room in the van, and if you pat dry you very quickly.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
My towels were delivered to the post office so went to collect.Julie went in and walked out with a parcel the size of a small book.Both puzzled we opened it up and both disappointed.These things were liked a piece of silk folded and clipped inside a small meshed bag.Apparently they sent me these revolutionary towels for mountain climbing and the picture on ordered item was wrong.They are now going to send the towels i ordered and said keep the others.::bigsmile:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Standard flannel to 'mop up' the water, then a standard towel to dry off with......bingo:thumb:

The advantage is that you can wring out the flannel as you go along and then there is barely any water for the towel to get wet. ::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We bought some of these, 2 smaller ones and some much larger ones - we just couldn't get on with them, so the smaller ones are now used in the MH washroom for drying hands etc and the larger ones are used for the dogs!

I have a microfibre 'mitten' which I use to dry myself down with, much easier than the towels which easily 'pucker' if you try to rub with them (and you will as this is what you'd do normally at home!), then I usually put a thin brushed cotton/toweling dressing gown on and let everything dry naturally! The mitten takes up most of the moisture and just gets hung back on it's hook to dry so takes up much less room than even a microfibre towel.:thumb: In fact, if you have the smaller ones you could make them into mittens anyway.

Oh, just one word of warning ... do NOT drop them on the ground ... we did this onto some grass and they act like Velcro so EVERYTHING sticks to them!!!! It took me ages, and I do mean ages, to get the bits of leaf, twig, grass etc off (although I think there are still some bits on them even a year later!).::bigsmile:

Just thought I'd add, the wash mit I'm on about is one of the ones in the first picture, although it just plain white with no 'Whinnie the Pooh' on it, not the other 'fluffy' ones ... but if that takes your fancy instead why not give one of them a go ...! :thumb:

Attachments

• bath mit.jpg
    bath mit.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 8
  • car mit.jpg
    car mit.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 7
  • wash mit.JPG
    wash mit.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Get him a fluffy wash mit instead! :roflmto:

Attachments

• car mit.jpg
    car mit.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
We bought some of these, 2 smaller ones and some much larger ones - we just couldn't get on with them, so the smaller ones are now used in the MH washroom for drying hands etc and the larger ones are used for the dogs!

I have a microfibre 'mitten' which I use to dry myself down with, much easier than the towels which easily 'pucker' if you try to rub with them (and you will as this is what you'd do normally at home!), then I usually put a thin brushed cotton/toweling dressing gown on and let everything dry naturally! The mitten takes up most of the moisture and just gets hung back on it's hook to dry so takes up much less room than even a microfibre towel.:thumb: In fact, if you have the smaller ones you could make them into mittens anyway.

Oh, just one word of warning ... do NOT drop them on the ground ... we did this onto some grass and they act like Velcro so EVERYTHING sticks to them!!!! It took me ages, and I do mean ages, to get the bits of leaf, twig, grass etc off (although I think there are still some bits on them even a year later!).::bigsmile:

Just thought I'd add, the wash mit I'm on about is one of the ones in the first picture, although it just plain white with no 'Whinnie the Pooh' on it, not the other 'fluffy' ones ... but if that takes your fancy instead why not give one of them a go ...! :thumb:

I might consider a winnie the poo one.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi all we just wanted to know if any of you have ever used micro towels rather than standard bath towels.Have had reports that these things are great and dry really quick,can anyone enlighten us please?

Me & SWMBO tried them last year. Whereas they are light and pack away to something resembling an hankerchief, I hated the blinkin' things..they do not get you that dry quickly,and you can't beat the feel of a real towel.
Now SWMBO loved them & still uses them in the MoHo. Must be a woman thing....!!!
I suspect it's down to your own preferences ...??

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
When you use these micro fibre towels can you put your foot on the bath and pull it back and forth between you legs like a real towel? :lips:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When you use these micro fibre towels can you put your foot on the bath and pull it back and forth between you legs like a real towel? :lips:

I keeled over in agony with swollen testicles when I tried that, never again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Only if you like a bit of 'rough'!!!! :Eeek: Suggest you get one of the fluffy wash mitts so you can 'tickle your fancy'! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back