Mickey Mouse goes motorhoming.. (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Just been to pick up my MH from storage and for the first time ever have found two dead mice in the living compartment. I know they go up the wheels and in the engine because I lay bait boxes for them and frequently find their remains in the boxes.

A quick check with my deerstalker and magnifying glass reveals a little pile of shredded foam in the passenger's foot well below the dashboard, and the floor mat untouched. This would suggest that they've gnawed their way through the insulation between the engine compartment and the cab.

Both mice were found expired in the cab door step and the living compartment door step, which form smooth-sided death traps for small rodents. Best guess is they either fell in and couldn't get out, or were following their noses towards fresh air coming in through the door vents.

Fortunately there was nothing food-wise in any open floor-level cupboards, and they weren't able to climb onto the upholstery but it's an infestation I could do without.

Time to lay bait boxes in the cab, and maybe look into a making metal mesh screen to fit across their entry point.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Try Glue boards they are pretty good I use em in the motorhome and in the house, you have to check them regularly tho cos the little blighters stick to them and expire. You can buy them off tinternet:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back