Mia - The Miniature Schnauzer

Discussion in 'Pets' started by The Ghost, Nov 23, 2014.

1. The Ghost

The Ghost Read Only Funster

As newbies to the MH fraternity we have recently been away on two occassions sofar and our girl has enjoyed it immensley.............. We were wondering if other Funsters have a Mini?

[​IMG]

The Ghost

• Like Like x 4
  2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Ian
    No we have a Corsa lol, But our friend as a Schauzer but not a mini one. Pete

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Ghost

Nice one Pete... As soon as I posted that I was waiting for that type of a reply... LOL!

The Ghost

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

My sister who is also a Funster has 2, one boy and one girl. The bitch looks the spit of yours re the colouring but alas is more on the tatty side! Hopefully they will meet up on a rally sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Ghost

Hi Carol

That would be nice. Mia is classed as Pepper & Salt colouring and to be honest she is due to visit the groomers prior to our next outing in 'The Ghost' next month...

• Like Like x 1
  6. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

We used to have two when we were first married - Roddy & Toby both salt & pepper, and both owned by others originally. Roddy was bit highly strung and Toby was the greck of the litter but one of the nicest natured dogs we have owned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Ghost

Hi canopus

They really are good natured dogs and ours just loves our young grandchildren. She barks alot especially when on the lead but thats her character... So far she is enjoying being away in the MH..........

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kim H

Kim H Funster Life Member

image.jpg Yep! We've recently acquired a miniature labradoodle called Amy. She had her first outing in the MH earlier this month and our not so mini chocolate labrador showed her the ropes ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Ghost

Lovely photo Katv. I'm sure your Lab will soon show her the ropes. Is that a cross between a Labrador & a Poodle?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kim H

Kim H Funster Life Member

Yes, a cross between a miniature poodle and a labrador. She's a rescue so we don't know much more about her, but she's settled in really well and seems to enjoy life on the road (y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Ghost

Excellent. Glad she has settled in and is enjoying life on the road, ours still needs to acclimatise to the MH surroundings but given time...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

No we have four wire fox terriers although they have been called schnauzers!

Kath and the Wyaye pack

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Ghost

Hi Kath
    Saw a Wire Fox Terrier locally the other day, love the look of them and as close to a 'beardie' as you can get... I bet four terriers at home can be a handful, not to mention away in the MH.. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  14. dippingatoe

dippingatoe Read Only Funster

What a cute face! I love the eyebrows :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Ghost

Hi dippingatoe
    Dropped her off at the groomers this morning at 9am with strict instructions to just trim the eyebrows and beard...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mack100

Mack100 Funster

We have a mini called Archie. He is in my avatar picture. 2 years old and a friendly bundle of mischief!
    However today he is very poorly, started vomiting yesterday afternoon and when he brought up blood late last night we took him to the emergency vet. She gave him some meds and we are taking him back this morning.
    He seems very subdued and disorientated, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to admit him for tests and observation.

17. The Ghost

Hi Mack100

Another Mini, that's great and as you say they are a friendly bundle of mischief!
    Very sorry to hear that Archie is poorly at this time but I'm sure with meds the vet will soon have him sorted. Admission for tests and obs seem to be par for the coarse I'm afraid.

Hope he gets well soon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mack100

Mack100 Funster

Cheers Ghost, he's heartily sick of the vets, this year he's torn out a claw and developed a mass at the site of the injections. That was covered by insurance but any GI stuff is excluded as he had puppy diarrhoea before we insured him! He's more expensive to run than the motorhome!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mike B

Mike B Funster

Hope everything goes well.

Best wishes

Mike & Dawn

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cat53

Cat53 Funster

Aww get well soon Archie.....did you know pumpkin is very soothing for a dog with tummy troubles? Cooked and mashed.

Love little Mia. We have had three Mini Schnauzers our first (Emma) was a little Black Mini and she saved us both. She entered our lives when we were going through a really tough time and she brought us light and laughter. Our next two were sisters Molly and Mandy and we got them in South Africa. Eventually Emma flew out to join them and then they all flew back to the UK when we came back. Lovely, lovely dogs. When we were left with just one, we bought Max ( the black one in my Avatar) he is a Cockerpoo and when Mandy died we opted for another Cockerpoo and she is Phoebe. There is just something about Cockerpoos.......

• Like Like x 1