MHF now Free !! (1 Viewer)

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
And there was me reading thread till I got to some of the old names:LOL:(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have I missed summat here, from some of the replies I didn't know this site was free, I am sure I paid for 5 years motorhomefun membership not too long ago.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have I missed summat here, from some of the replies I didn't know this site was free, I am sure I paid for 5 years motorhomefun membership not too long ago.
Was free at first which was always Jim's intention but he had to concede eventually when membership started getting into stupid numbers and the servers couldn't cope & needed renewing at a high cost so subs were reluctantly introduced.
But apart from that..... This thread ia about motorhome facts, not fun.... And is 11 years old.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
tiz all ancient history and much water has passed under the proverbial bridge. why bother resuscitating such an old and no longer relevant thread? "The dark side" is now dead motorhome fun is the vibrant future

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Regardless of the subject of the thread I have been baffled by the reappearance of several old threads lately. A fact (pun intended) I have not been aware of until sometimes reading through several pages

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Regardless of the subject of the thread I have been baffled by the reappearance of several old threads lately. A fact (pun intended) I have not been aware of until sometimes reading through several pages
It happens when somebody adds a comment. Often (not just on this forum) new members finding the thread using a search and not realising it is old.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

A lot of forums lock threads when they reach a certain age, I don’t bother.I quite enjoy seeing some old ones revived. It’s known on forums as “NecroPosting”.

Being confronted with what you wrote 10 years ago is a reminder to us all to be careful what we write today :D

Last edited:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Strange one that is, I always look at the origin date , they are sometimes useful, it also makes you realise how long you have been a member :):D:D:D:D:D:D

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Strange one that is, I always look at the origin date , they are sometimes useful, it also makes you realise how long you have been a member :):D:D:D:D:D:D

I never look at the origin date and it took me until near the end of this thread to realise it wasn't started yesterday !!:eek:

Perhaps I should be a tad more vigilant :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A lot of forums lock threads when they reach a certain age, I don’t bother.I quite enjoy seeing some old ones revived. It’s known on forums as “NecroPosting”.

Being confronted with what you wrote 10 years ago is a reminder to us all to be careful what we write today :D
I couldn't agree more, horrified at my poke at MHF till i realised it was aimed at he other MHF and not this one
Dont even remember posting it truth be known

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
tiz all ancient history and much water has passed under the proverbial bridge. why bother resuscitating such an old and no longer relevant thread? "The dark side" is now dead motorhome fun is the vibrant future

It's me ' I'm a Necroposter'

I do find it interesting when you look through old threads you see a lot of questions that were raised then and still being raised now.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'd forgotten all about this thread.. a real oldie.

M H F IS NOW 15£

yes indeed.. but the original post referred to MotohomeFacts , more commonly called MHF .. this was before Motorhomefun was started .. hence some confusion with MHFun ..now more commonly called MHF

confused.com.. :LOL:

MHFacts was probably one of first forums for motorhomes, I joined it in 2003 not long after it had been started .. I was searching for information on motorhomes and 'facts' popped up ..

MHFun started in July 2007... and lot of water under the bridge since then, Facts is all but dead, it went downhill fast after it was sold to a Canadian company.

The future.. who knows.. will motorhome forums still exist.. ? Many have come and gone.. many forgotten...but Fun has survived and outlasted them all.. IMV largely due to Jim's good management

Long (y) may it continue

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I think you are right Jim this forum has got better over the years people come and go but there is always someone who needs our help whether they want it or not , it`s a great site and worth every pound, I joined in 2008 (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back