Mhf 'club Sites' (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Following the thread about a Mega Meet I wondered if there might be demand for 'club sites'.

Not exclusive sites or meets but say one or two sites per county, recommended by members, where funsters might regularly go.......impromptu..... sites might also offer reduced rates (off peak or out of season especially)

The idea is that members would just turn up knowing that other funsters are likely to be there.

Getting to know folks is much easier at small meets and booking months and months ahead is not for everyone (me)

Just a thought...........

:)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
One thing that some members have done, especially on the Morocco and Spain trips is negotiate a deal with the campsites and then promote it on Fun..
In Morocco, early visitors to sites haggled a lower price and agreed with owners that anyone showing a fun badge would get same rates.

Marjal in Spain... Our own MrMotorhome set up a deal with the site and it lasted for 3 months. A code was used and members had to Pm to get the code, had to be done this way as we dont have any form of membership card that we could show reception.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, this is a really good idea.

You quite often see posts on the forum along the lines of 'where are all the funsters?' so this would give people a better chance of meeting up with fellow lunatics.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
One thing that some members have done, especially on the Morocco and Spain trips is negotiate a deal with the campsites and then promote it on Fun..
In Morocco, early visitors to sites haggled a lower price and agreed with owners that anyone showing a fun badge would get same rates.
Which Marjal site was that please?

Marjal in Spain... Our own MrMotorhome set up a deal with the site and it lasted for 3 months. A code was used and members had to Pm to get the code, had to be done this way as we dont have any form of membership card that we could show reception.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Maybe I got it wrong...........

MHF is a forum......... not a 'club' like The Caravan Club ...... but when MHF meets are posted they are usually booked up well in advance......... often by established members

My idea was that funsters would be able to meet on a more random and casual basis at known camp sites......

You would book the site as normal with the site in the knowledge that because it was a 'MHF approved site' you had a good chance of meeting other members......... if your first choice of site was full you could look at other 'approved sites'

Other campers on the site would be aware of MHF flags and badges and might end up joining MHF

I am sure sites would want to 'sign up' and offer discounts ...........a bonus to us all

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There are already M'HFun CL's

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I only know of one personally but I do know Jim set up a CL licence thing so hopefully there are others.. I just cannot suss out where they are ( either physically or on Fun ) at the moment

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
While on the subject, what exactly are the MHF (motor home facts) "campsites" that appear on my garmin sat nav?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back