MH Showers (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
The shower was the 1st and foremost item that SHMBO checked out.
It had to be separate. It was in our Abbey caravan and had to be when we bought a MH. She loathed the idea (again) of curtain and wet floor when using the toilet.
We had a Lunar caravan once. You could sit on the toilet, lean forward and be sick in the pull down bowl and take a shower as well. Very effective use of time but never a shared toilet and shower again.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
My shower in my Buccaneer is fairly good I bought a water saver head in France about three years ago and we get two showers from a 75 litre tank of water but the hot sometimes run out::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
My shower in my Buccaneer is fairly good I bought a water saver head in France about three years ago and we get two showers from a 75 litre tank of water but the hot sometimes run out::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Only 2 showers from 75 litres wapsy? I'd get 6 showers (inc hair washing) from that amount of water! And before anyone asks, yes I am nice and clean! :wub:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Only 2 showers from 75 litres wapsy? I'd get 6 showers (inc hair washing) from that amount of water! And before anyone asks, yes I am nice and clean! :wub:

Yes I looked at 37.5 litres for a shower each. That's over 8 gallons, enough for a bath! Bet you don't turn off when lathering up do you? I had a caravan so had to fetch and carry the stuff so became very frugal. Even turn off tap when brushing teeth.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The one in the Miller is excellent.. And there is plenty of room to move around even for a fatty Arbuckle like me !!

Pump is of course what controls how good or bad the shower is.. Our pump is a Shurflo 40psi, from memory 12ltrs per minute
Johns Cross stock them..

If the one in your van is not up to the job it is a pretty easy job to change it for one that is :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shower in our van is very good. I use it all the time even if the site showers are good. :thumb:

SWMBO always uses site showers if available as she has never got the knack of turning the water off when soaping up. I always do this even at home, after all the water is metered and uses gas to heat it.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
there is a ritual to using motorhome showers and it must be observed.

get in cubicle and turn on water.

curse and swear as you adjust the temperature....cant waste water doing it first.

now you are wet turn off the water.

shampoo hair

turn on water and rinse very quickly but thoroughly.

turn off water

continue to get soapy.

turn on water and again rinse thoroughly.

forgetting to turn off water at any stage will see you covered in soap with only cold water to rinse with.

Too true!!

Wyn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The shower was the 1st and foremost item that SHMBO checked out.
It had to be separate. It was in our Abbey caravan and had to be when we bought a MH. She loathed the idea (again) of curtain and wet floor when using the toilet.
We had a Lunar caravan once. You could sit on the toilet, lean forward and be sick in the pull down bowl and take a shower as well. Very effective use of time but never a shared toilet and shower again.
tell her to squat a little closer to the toilet bowl. :roflmto:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Yes I looked at 37.5 litres for a shower each. That's over 8 gallons, enough for a bath! Bet you don't turn off when lathering up do you? I had a caravan so had to fetch and carry the stuff so became very frugal. Even turn off tap when brushing teeth.

Because i filled up with water and used the site showers from Friday i still had a fair amount of water in the tank so left it running whilst soaping up rather than getting home and just dumping it, i did rush though so as it never ran cold.I needed a good soaking to wake me up as i was tired this morning because we had a noisy neighbour:winky:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Only use the shower in the summer in the MH-- put the head out the loo window,shower outside:thumb: Commando family:Cool:
Don`t stay away long enough in the winter to need one.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Because i filled up with water and used the site showers from Friday i still had a fair amount of water in the tank so left it running whilst soaping up rather than getting home and just dumping it, i did rush though so as it never ran cold.I needed a good soaking to wake me up as i was tired this morning because we had a noisy neighbour:winky:
i assume you have an instantaneous water heater to be able to do this as most motorhome boilers are just 6 or 10ltrs and take up to 1/2hr to heat up from cold.
either that or you love cold showers :winky:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
1. Good performance, good size, two drains, two shelves and a light.
2. No

Because my last motorhome shower was like a cigar tube (Kontiki 600) I would often use showers on site.

Because this one is so good I fear I'll be filling up the 90 litre tank more often :Doh:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Swing wall - lots of room and great shower. Just fitted a trigger head to it to make it easier.

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
This is my third MH and the showering facilities were extremely high on the priority list! My first Hymer B544 from 1992 had a small toilet room with a 360 deg shower curtain, which stuck to you everywhere when the water was flowing. Not much of a problem as you couldn't have the water 'flowing' most of the time. The next another Hymer B524 2006 had a 'vario-bad', a hinged wall that divided the bathroom in half taking the sink along with it. Fantastic I thought! Finally, I will have the motivation to shower every day!!! But as I sat there in the evening with a beer readying myself for the routine of showering - open door, lay towel on the floor outside the bathroom (not enough room really to dry inside), swivel the loo, unclip the wall, swing it out, step in, shrink myself into the corner to aid unfolding the other half of the shower wall, clip together, oooh and aaaah getting the temp right, wet oneself (with water!) stop flow, soap, wet, soap, wet, stop, squeegee down the walls behind the folding walls, fold wall back while shrinking myself against opposite wall, open the door, shiver with the blast of cold air from the lounge (even though the heating is cranked right up!!??!?!) step out, dry in the lounge, squeegee down the other folding door, fold it back, squeegee down the remaining walls, get on hands and knees, mop up the floor water, use kitchen towel to really dry it (think, must order another jumbo pack of kitchen towel!), dry off the mirrors to marvel at how clean I now am using only one litre of water (most of which I mopped off the remaining surfaces, shake floor towel outside (what the hell are they really called?) and hang back up, finally, after a couple of hours, return the small carpet back to the shower tray (which is the floor of the bathroom) and relax with another beer - Naaaa, ave another beer instead........Zzzzzzzz

With the current van, a Carthago Mondial I finally have the split bathroom with house-like shower cubicle, good water pressure and a very large water tank. Finally, no more contemplation, procrastination, just hop in, blast off, luxuriate in the steam and heat and suds of it all and get back to the fridge pronto! But alas, vans have a way of revealing parts of your personality previously undiscovered. I've managed to conjure up a complicated shower routine which exists only in my mind in order to procrastinate towards another beer rather than showering. Don't get me wrong, the shower is wonderful and easy to use but even that becomes too higher mountain to climb when the fridge has to be passed to get to the bathroom.

But seriously, if I can avoid using campsite facilities I will. Fear of galloping foot rot, multiple body odour and the lottery of "what are they gonna smell of" as I open the door to the site toilets for the first time, means the vans facilities are pretty much used the whole time. Most of the time. Really, they do. When necessary. Ok, when Claire tells me I must, absolutely MUST get in there!!!

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
showers

Never used it , always use the camp site showers (more room and more water) Personaly I would rather they fit more storage space into vans than bother with a shower cubicle.

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Never used it , always use the camp site showers (more room and more water) Personaly I would rather they fit more storage space into vans than bother with a shower cubicle.

......but the shower cubicle is Great Storage!! ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have a new van coming soon and I have no idea how good the shower will be :whatthe::Eeek:

Rubbish basically. A cleansing operation not a thrill.

Four huge problems, you've little water on board, your heater can't get a whole lot hot, you have a very modest flow, you don't have much room to store the waste.

Basically you need to damp yourself, off. Rub on some soap. Hose yourself down.

That's why I always remember a good site by it's showers.

Ours had been used about 6 times in 6 years.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

I have thought of ripping out the shower and making it storage, but thought I'd leave it "just in case".

Normally it houses the awning, wines, beers, brushes. Which is a great way of making sure we never use it.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

Use mine to swill out the loo/tray /sink area after kids have been in there .

Put the shower head out the window in the summer and use it to swill off.

Use campsites ----- but it always there ,just in case .

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Rubbish basically. A cleansing operation not a thrill.

Four huge problems, you've little water on board, your heater can't get a whole lot hot, you have a very modest flow, you don't have much room to store the waste.

Really? we have 95 litres, a Truma 4e and a 92 litre waste tank

When we lived on the boat we could shower comfortably on 15 litres water max. Being economic with the water is second nature:winky:

I do accept it wont be the same as home, but then again a campervan won't be the same as home :thumb:

IT WILL BE MORE FUN THO ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our is big and wide enough to bend down , stretch out , wash your hair etc. We use it if we are away , for more than a weekend. If we are not on a site with facilities.
We also use it for storage its great for storing the big gorilla tub we keep the boots etc in. We keep the silver screen in it when its wet too . Ralph's also fitted a pole from one shelf to the other. So we can use it for extra wardrobe hanging space if needed. Ideal for hanging dripping wet raincoats.
Is it as good as the one at home ? No chance , but that's because we have an all singing dancing power shower in the en-suite .

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ours is ace....

Use it all the time especially after running events or when Nikki has been dancing out with the funsters at rallies.

Must be honest though, when we shower together it's a bit tight but alone no problem...

I tested the cubicle thoroughly prior to buying but without water.

If any one wants to test it with me at Chester, be my guest.....no bigger than size 12 though please:winky:

Oh and please check Nikki is out first she might get the wrong idea :roflmto:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Have a great shower in my van - yes tested it before I bought the van - well stood in their anyway but didn't turn the water on as the clothes would have got a bit wet.

Loads of room even for little old me - use it quite a bit when wild camping. It even has a pull down rail fitted to hang the wet towel on for drying after use.

Lots & lots of hot water!

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Really? we have 95 litres, a Truma 4e and a 92 litre waste tank

When we lived on the boat we could shower comfortably on 15 litres water max. Being economic with the water is second nature:winky:

I do accept it wont be the same as home, but then again a campervan won't be the same as home :thumb:

IT WILL BE MORE FUN THO ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Totally agree, our boat is the same as the van but the van pump is quieter by miles, plenty of water and if you know where to stand you can have a blow dry afterwards. No shower curtain, what's not to like.

Brill as a wet locker and drying room with window open half an inch, and yes we tried it first as the dealer lent us it for a weekend before we bought it,

Happy showering :Cool:

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back