Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi my MH has had a paint protection done before I purchased it but looking at the roof it was never done what is the best paint protection or polish to use thanks

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Mine desperately needs polishing and waxing. How?
Can I safely walk/work on the roof of a AT Dakota, given my dainty 15 1/2 stone of relaxed muscle?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Mine desperately needs polishing and waxing. How?
Can I safely walk/work on the roof of a AT Dakota, given my dainty 15 1/2 stone of relaxed muscle?
What you need is a small child that's still crawling. Tie microfibre dusters to its hands and knees and tempt it with sweets to crawl all over the roof, easy innit.:D2
Don't get them to clean your chimney out though, I think they made that illegal a year or two ago. :LOL::LOL:

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
What you need is a small child that's still crawling. Tie microfibre dusters to its hands and knees and tempt it with sweets to crawl all over the roof, easy innit.:D2
Don't get them to clean your chimney out though, I think they made that illegal a year or two ago. :LOL::LOL:

Made me chuckle daft sod :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie

Thanks for that. Can I use your post in evidence please?
I live literally next door to a primary school, so when would a better opportunity arise I thought.
Apparently it comes under the heading of kidnapping, even though I promised to give them back at break time:D

On a slighter more serious note, I phoned AT this morning, and a very good experience that was. Well impressed with the response and advice. And yes I can, with care.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
What age is your Autotrail Dakota that they have given you this information on - presume it is the same for all Autotrails?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks for that. Can I use your post in evidence please?
I live literally next door to a primary school, so when would a better opportunity arise I thought.
Apparently it comes under the heading of kidnapping, even though I promised to give them back at break time:D

On a slighter more serious note, I phoned AT this morning, and a very good experience that was. Well impressed with the response and advice. And yes I can, with care.
Yes no problem, use away......... I'll be sure to visit you in prison. :LOL:

What did AT say 'yes sir no problem at all, when you've lost ten stone' :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
What age is your Autotrail Dakota that they have given you this information on - presume it is the same for all Autotrails?

Landyguy
It's a September 2011 reg. so presume it was built same year. The reply was that 'the Autotrail has a north/south support beam so keep to centre line and you will be fine' No mention of Dakota specifically.
The advice was to keep away from the edges and not get too close to the roof lights.
Just been up and done the clean and well pleased with the result.
Just me and my friend collinite polish and wax to get up there now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back