MH insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by con-tiki, Aug 29, 2012.

1. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

I know this has been discussed before. I am at the moment insured with Sureterm Direct. I had 2 windscreen chips which were repaired, but was worried in case the whole windscreen would need repairing at some point. On looking through my policy in the fine print i noticed that there was a £1000 limit for replacement of the windscreen. I also found out that they dont give any no claims discount, just a headed letter of ''claims free driving proof ''. I phoned up the AA windscreen cover on my policy asking what the cost would be to replace the windscreen and they have quoted £1400 plus vat.....At the moment I paid £370 premium, but can't seem to find a reasonable quote, and most don't give full details of any max limit for windscreens.

Shirl

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I took insurance with Sureterm direct and, like you, i soon realised the screen limit was just £1000.

when i rang for a quote i specifically asked the 'sales person' if there was an upper financial limit for windscreens and was told twice there wasnt.

after reading the policy i rang them and told them it was not as verbally described and my RV screen could cost £2500 to £3000 per half screen and wanted to cancel.

It was when they said there was a cancellation fee i really kicked off.

10 mins and one supervisor later i had a full refund and an apology.

now with Safeguard....a bit more expensive but no screen limit and full UK breakdown cover as standard.

3. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Suggest you have a chat with Comfort, my B544SL has been insured with them for some time, windscreen cover £3,000 which is within the price that they can source them for.

Website is http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/

Mike