Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I know this has been discussed before. I am at the moment insured with Sureterm Direct. I had 2 windscreen chips which were repaired, but was worried in case the whole windscreen would need repairing at some point. On looking through my policy in the fine print i noticed that there was a £1000 limit for replacement of the windscreen. I also found out that they dont give any no claims discount, just a headed letter of ''claims free driving proof ''. I phoned up the AA windscreen cover on my policy asking what the cost would be to replace the windscreen and they have quoted £1400 plus vat.....At the moment I paid £370 premium, but can't seem to find a reasonable quote, and most don't give full details of any max limit for windscreens.

Shirl

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I took insurance with Sureterm direct and, like you, i soon realised the screen limit was just £1000.

when i rang for a quote i specifically asked the 'sales person' if there was an upper financial limit for windscreens and was told twice there wasnt.

after reading the policy i rang them and told them it was not as verbally described and my RV screen could cost £2500 to £3000 per half screen and wanted to cancel.

It was when they said there was a cancellation fee i really kicked off.

10 mins and one supervisor later i had a full refund and an apology.

now with Safeguard....a bit more expensive but no screen limit and full UK breakdown cover as standard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back