MH, Awnings and Privacy Rooms (1 Viewer)

mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Its nearly 12months since purchasing our Dethleffs T63 and in that time weve only used the awning a couple of times...

I guess we are more keen to use it inconjunction with the privacy room BUT here comes the issue...
a)Ive not managed to unpack the massive sack and have a go...
b)I'm not really sure of what weather it can stand....do you funsters use the horizontal convex bar to keep water from gathering.
c)What sort of wind levels can privacy room withstand assuming you've a solid erection( finar finar)??

Over the last month we've been using the MH a lot and the wife likes taking the kids off in it. Sadly I have to have a cruciate ligament reconstruction very soon which will render me unable to do very much for several months.

Loving the van all the same and so pleased we got a 140hp Ford unit!!
MM

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

We've used our privacy room lots since we bought the M/H.

Has been used on rallies both for w/ends and longer holiday rallies.

On one holiday rally we had torrential rain that left puddles between the caravans that the kids were swimming in. All traffic off the site was curtailed to maintain the access road, our awning and room just stood while we plodged ontop of the awning carpet.

The peg-down grommets have suffered a bit over time and use, but we've replaced some with grommets from the local accessory shop.

We have the middle stabiliser bar, and a tie-down kit for strong winds.

My opinion is 'why spend so much on accessories only to pass them on unused but now 'second-hand' to the next buyer?'

Enjoy what you have.

Love June

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you peg a long bungee down to the ground along the bottom of the sides then attach the bottom peg down grommets to the bungee it gives a little more before destroying the grommets just use normal pegs over the bungee for more tension if required

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back