MH Allowed / Not Allowed ? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We are currently on the Playa de Mazarron site in Spain and have walked a couple of times past a very large car park just across the road from the beach at the village of Belnuevo. There are about 18 MH parked at the back of the car park. There are several Road Traffic signs along the pavement edge like the one below
20161113_180521.jpg

The more I look at it, the more undecided I am as to its meaning... Are MH allowed to stay here or not?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well looking in the background I really would not be too worried about it !
It is probably aimed at caravans and almost certainly aimed at peak season times..
Officially MH might not be allowed but willing to bet no one will be bothered about it out of season

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I THINK, the daytime Parking is allowed, Overnight Camping is Not?. But it does seem confusing.

We looked at Camping Mazaron, amongst others, in 2006(ish). But as we only wanted a few nights felt the short term rate was expensive. and if I remember correctly access with 32+ft R-V was a bit tight?

Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I saw these signs years ago. As far as I understand Camping cars and trailers are forbidden to park. Caravan and tents are forbidden to camp on that car park, as it is of special interest due to the sand sculptures behind.

I spoke to a guy in a van on the beach edge near a café and he said the Police were fining people who parked there with vans or trailers. We were in the Smart car at the time.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
We are currently on the Playa de Mazarron site in Spain and have walked a couple of times past a very large car park just across the road from the beach at the village of Belnuevo. There are about 18 MH parked at the back of the car park. There are several Road Traffic signs along the pavement edge like the one below
View attachment 133154
The more I look at it, the more undecided I am as to its meaning... Are MH allowed to stay here or not?
Ask crabby :giggler:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The top round sign is definitely no parking then they have indicators telling you the restrictions below so it looks like both are banned

Steve826

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Blyth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kingsmere 590/RL
Exp
Since 2015
I lived in Bolnuevo and know the car park beside the erosions well although did not have a motorhome.

I don't know the legal side but know that there are often motorhomes staying overnight there. Every now and then there will be a Guardia Civil (Spanish police) purge and they will be chased away. Be aware the biggest fiesta of the year, the Sardine Festival takes place around the 17th November and there could be thousands of people there.
If you want to move about 20k south, there looks a good site just outside "Punta del Negre" a lovely little Spanish village on the coast.
Enjoy!!

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
The top sign is no stopping.
If it was a single line through it its no waiting.

Steve826

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Blyth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kingsmere 590/RL
Exp
Since 2015
I lived in Bolnuevo for nearly 8 years and know the car park beside the "mushrooms" well.

I think the Spanish Gardia Civil turn a blind eye to this site for a while, and then someone will complain and you will then get chased off. The Bolnuevo annual Sardine fiesta is around the 17th November and the area will be invaded by thousands for a few days. Really worth seeing if your around but you certainly won't get to stay there then.

I believe there is a good small motorhome site about 12km South. It is just outside the lovely quaint coastal village of "Punta de Calnegre" which I would try if I was there.
Enjoy!!

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It's indicating an aire.....no tents or caravans.
Aires are for motorhomes.

I'm with PPJ, I think it's a selective no parking sign saying no camping but parking OK for MH. (y)

Deleted User
I lived in Bolnuevo and know the car park beside the erosions well although did not have a motorhome.

I don't know the legal side but know that there are often motorhomes staying overnight there. Every now and then there will be a Guardia Civil (Spanish police) purge and they will be chased away. Be aware the biggest fiesta of the year, the Sardine Festival takes place around the 17th November and there could be thousands of people there.
If you want to move about 20k south, there looks a good site just outside "Punta del Negre" a lovely little Spanish village on the coast.
Enjoy!!
Sardine festival started yesterday. Loads of booming fireworks in the morning. Quite a few empty spots at the campsite.

Lin :)

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Thanks Lin we have been on the site since Friday. Leaving on Friday.

Thanks everyone else who replied.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
It's a CAR park. The sign means no PARKING (for motorhomes and caravans). Staying overnight is loosely thought of as parking if no step, open windows etc. so no camping either to back up the no parking sign.

That's how I see it and, for a few years at least, have seen it operating there.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I THINK, the daytime Parking is allowed, Overnight Camping is Not?. But it does seem confusing.

We looked at Camping Mazaron, amongst others, in 2006(ish). But as we only wanted a few nights felt the short term rate was expensive. and if I remember correctly access with 32+ft R-V was a bit tight?

Pete.
They take acsi,,,think its 19 euros,,,

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Last time we were in the area a few years ago the police were moving everything off regularly according to one of the bar owners.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
At the time I had used up all my ASCI "vouchers". Finished up at La-Manga anyway with Friends via a deal with the CCC rally.

Are you mixing ACSI up with Camping Cheque,,you just show your Card to get ACSI discount,,it runs for 12 months but each site sets its own eligible dates,,BUSBY,,
At the time I had used up all my ASCI "vouchers". Finished up at La-Manga anyway with Friends via a deal with the CCC rally.

Steve826

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Blyth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kingsmere 590/RL
Exp
Since 2015
Hi. Trying to get my head round this forum as I'm new at it and trying to reply to the quote by "milliemobile below."
"Sardine festival started yesterday. Loads of booming fireworks in the morning. Quite a few empty spots at the campsite." Any pointers to how or where it shows how to quote would be good.

Any way as I assume you had rockets yesterday that is because "the Madonna" was being carried up to Mazarron presumably surrounded by a few hundred locals.
Bolnuevo will get steadily get busier towards the end of the week and next Sunday she will return accompanied by thousands, with beach parties galore all day. In the early evening everyone will have gone home leaving Bolnuevo to its lovely peaceful existence, for the rest of the winter.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi. Trying to get my head round this forum as I'm new at it and trying to reply to the quote by "milliemobile below."
"Sardine festival started yesterday. Loads of booming fireworks in the morning. Quite a few empty spots at the campsite." Any pointers to how or where it shows how to quote would be good.

Any way as I assume you had rockets yesterday that is because "the Madonna" was being carried up to Mazarron presumably surrounded by a few hundred locals.
Bolnuevo will get steadily get busier towards the end of the week and next Sunday she will return accompanied by thousands, with beach parties galore all day. In the early evening everyone will have gone home leaving Bolnuevo to its lovely peaceful existence, for the rest of the winter.

Click on the quote button of the post you want to quote. I then do a return to make a line space then type the reply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back