Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
:Smile:Just like to thank Gail and Tony for their hard work for making our weekend great, we all enjoyed ourselves, all those that failed to turn up missed a fantastic weekend:thumb::thumb:, and two funsters got lifted by the police:Eeek:looking forward to the next meet:thumb:

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Down to Bawdsey Quay next weekend for the bank holiday if you come down for coffee:thumb:, I'll spill the beans:Eeek: LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
It twas terrible ::bigsmile:, never knew Funsters could get up to such behaviour.

It was a lovely weekend and it was all down to Gail and Tony for organising it. The sun shone on the Funsters until the early hours of this morning when we had heavy rain and strong winds but the Funsters flag still flew. Lovely to meet everyone and put a face to a name. Hope to see you all again sometime.

Dale, Graham & Emily

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It twas terrible ::bigsmile:, never knew Funsters could get up to such behaviour.

It was a lovely weekend and it was all down to Gail and Tony for organising it. The sun shone on the Funsters until the early hours of this morning when we had heavy rain and strong winds but the Funsters flag still flew. Lovely to meet everyone and put a face to a name. Hope to see you all again sometime.

Dale, Graham & Emily

maybe Jim should issue Fun ASBOs or ... AFBOs.. :roflmto:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Just back from the Mersea Summer meet.

Have lots of photos to upload.

Well what a fantastic weekend and we DID have FUN

Friday night Pimms meet and greet with barbeque was a great success and then went into the clubhouse about 9.30ish.

On Saturday FUN went to the carnival - yes ALL OF US

We had a pleasant walk along the coast, past the beach huts to the start of the carnival procession, then those who were up to an even longer walk tagged behind the carnival to the showfield where lots of different events took place with plenty of stalls as well.

The local police kindly gave one of our disabled funsters and their other half a lift back to our site as no cab could be found - what a kind officer he was. Admittedly they got some funny looks as they exited the police car - but it was ALL FUN - NO ASBOS required SCOTJIM xxxx

In the evening we had another barbeque and some funsters went to the club afterwards whilst others enjoyed relaxing.

Sunday morning many visited the bootsale held on site and a few bargains were to be had, but there were also some extremely overpriced items for sale too.

We sadly said goodbye to those who had to leave in the afternoon.

For those of us who stayed we enjoyed a fabulous and very reasonably priced 2 course meal in the restaurant on site.

Monday and Tuesday were spent relaxing.

Smellyfeet and his son started building a boat at the beginning of the weekend. Unfortunately I dont think they can finish it yet, as when they drove out this morning I think they left some bits behind - but not to worry - we have them here with us.

I must especially comment on the children at the meet. They were all so well behaved and played together very nicely. They are all a credit to their respective parents.

Over the weekend the children flew kites, played various games and everyone one of them won a medal.

Unfortunately in the gazebo suffered some damage so its going back to the shop as where it snapped the metal is all rusty inside and as it was only purchased in June this is unacceptable.

Weather wise apart from one afternoon we were extremely lucky with it mainly raining overnight.

Thanks to everyone who participated. I will upload the photos soon.

Safe journeys to all xxxxxx

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Gail you let the cat out the bag about being picked up by the police:Smile:, no asbos:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Gail, Please let me know if that instruction leaflet ....::bigsmile: ... came through on pm.... If it doesn't work I will go through it on phone whilst you do it if yo want to phone me. Joy x

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Scotjim might not come down for his coffee now he knows the truth LOL:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Scotjim might not come down for his coffee now he knows the truth LOL:thumb:

Aaawww but Scotjim doesnt know the whole story - and its not just about the gossip its about having fun with fellow funsters, Im sure scotjim will oblige with a visit xxxxx

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Sunday night we were serenaded by Jake, Gail and Dave when they each played the guitar :thumb:

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Thanks G and T for all you did. Really enjoyed it. Have sent mob. number.

Moral of story is get out of van and check your pitch before you go.

Dave and Jake

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Going down Friday night after work and be there until Monday:thumb:we wont charge you for the coffee:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Going down Friday night after work and be there until Monday:thumb:we wont charge you for the coffee:Smile:

good stuff .. see you there :thumb:

look for a mad jock in a kilt :roflmto:

actually , that reminds of the days I drove a Taxi in Glasgow.. as a 'newbie' I was easy meat for the controller..

One day she gave me a fare from Glasgow airport, pick up four Icelandics...

I asked for the names or how would I recognise them, she replied, they'll all be wearing seal skin hats.. and me being green as grass believed her .. :Doh::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back