Mercury RV Importers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Adria 5, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Adria 5

Adria 5 Read Only Funster

hi Any dealing with these anybody here

RAY?

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Winnie tony bus is on their site:Wink:

3. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Eek!: Where????????????????????

4. Keith and Debs

Keith and Debs Read Only Funster

5. ukrv

ukrv Deleted User

I notice Mercury state they can provide FULL Insurance for Fulltimers and give a number of 0800 096 8304

Doing a Google shows the number is for SafeGuard.

So, do SafeGuard do real FULLTIMERS insurance?

Paul

6. zaskar

zaskar Funster

NO!!!!!! Absolutely NOT! :-(

the best you will get from Safeguard is..........
    [Quote ]"yes, we'll insure your RV and its up to you how much you use it, but if you actually tell us that you LIVE in your RV, we will not"m [unquote]

7. ukrv

ukrv Deleted User

Oh dear, if what you state is correct Zaskar (and I have no reason to believe otherwise as I havent found a fulltime insurer yet) then this is another professional RV dealer who doesn't know what they are promoting (or claiming).

When you have a limited amount of info on your website, you really should ensure that info is correct.

It really doesn't give me confidence when dealing with these people.

Paul

8. zaskar

zaskar Funster

RIGHT!!!!! THAT does it!
    This REALLY P's me off. I'm SICK of being lied to by UK RV dealers. I know they've gotta make a living but the amount of LIES they are getting away with is just not on!
    I'm off to write a snotty e-mail to Mercury!

9. ukrv

ukrv Deleted User

:Rofl1:

"calm down dear - it's only a website" :BigGrin:

Paul

PS Let us know how you get on with your email :Rofl1:

10. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Right! Update!

Just used that number and spoke to Safeguard. Needless to say, they said NO WAY JOSE!!!!! No surprise there then! :-(
    Told them all about Mercuries claims (they'd never even heard of Mercury ARV American Motorhome Insurance Package) and said they'd be contacting Mercury to have the false information removed from the web site.

On top of that, cos I'm SEEEEEEEEEEEETHING!!!!!! :-(

Just sent this to Mercury. Lets see what happens!

Dear Sir /Madam.

Following a link on the motorhomefun.co.uk Forum, I came upon your web site.
    On the opening page of your site, I note a link to Fulltimers Insurance and a telphone number for Safeguard Motorhome Insurance. I happen to know, as I am an existing customer of Safeguard, that they do NOT provide Fulltime insurance for ANYBODY in ANY make/model of motorhome what so ever. To this end., I contacted Safeguard this morning and made enquiries re your web site claims.
    Safeguard were extrememly surprised at this information and re-iterated that they will NOT provide Fulltime cover and will be contacting yourselves and the creator of the web site to have this erroneous information removed from the site.

Although not yet fulltime myself, it is my long held wish to do so but cannot find cover anywhere, I do know of people who ARE currently fulltiming. They are honest, decent people, some of whom still work hard for a living, who just happen to prefer an alternative lifestyle. They are, after many years of hard work, extrememly upset and frustrated to be seemingly classed as Gypsies by society, buisness and the beaurocratic system of this country and I therefore find it extrememly annoying when I see mis-information given out on web sites like yours in the hope of boosting interest and profit.

11. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

12. Adria 5

Adria 5 Read Only Funster

hi the question still stand any body bought a motorhome from mercury?:Wink:

ray

13. mercuryarv

mercuryarv Trader - RV Sales

Mercury Arv Insurance

Good morning all, It is correct the member contacted us about the insurance, I found the email rather abusive and was not in anyway exactly factual. Rather than as he suggested we just put this on the website in order to make money from you all, we actually were contacted by the representative from Safegaurd to assist with RV owners insurance needs. I should point out Safegaurd IS NOT US. Also rather than just trust what we were told, we contacted Safegaurd as a possible customer, we gave them my details and they quoted me for FULLTIME insurance, so to the man who said we are just trying to con you all, get your facts straight please.

I am sure most of you have the idea of Fulltime insurance wrong, you cannot disappear of the face of the earth and expect insurance. You need to have an address somewhere, unless of course you wish to give up things such as: Pension, Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Passport, Mobile Phone, Voting Rights, Medical Assistance and of course Insurance, it is illegal to be a vagrant, and that is what you would be if you do it the way you suggest. Perhaps the people who have complained have not thought this through to it's conclusion. We only did this to help, now we get accused of trying to con you!!! If you need it explained to you, I am still happy to help. I do know of only one other insurer who offers fulltime insurance, the quote from them was in excess of £3,500 a year, your choice. We are only trying to help, don't shoot the messenger!!! Kindest regards, Simon@mercuryarv.com

14. mercuryarv

mercuryarv Trader - RV Sales

Mercury Arv Insurance

Good evening again all,

I have been in contact with Safegaurd again today for clarification on this matter, in the light of what they have said and not said I think it safer to say we will remove the link to Safegaurd for the moment. I can swear to you all, if this turns out to be incorrect about them offering Fulltime insurance, I will be looking to them for bringing us into disrepute. As I said, I checked with them personally to obtain a quotation, I hope I do not find they have lied to us or you on this matter, I WILL let you know what the outcome is. Kindest regards, Simon@mercuryarv.com

15. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Safeguard Insurance

Hi Simon from Mercury

After reading your first response to the issue of Safeguard full timers Insurance - I was so incensed that I determined not to reply to you - or ever come near your premises - after all, there are some of us who have been deep in correspondence with these Insurance Companies for upwards of 4 years in trying to get a proper full-timing Insurance.

We are not trying to disappear into the wide blue yonder, we are quite happy to give a bricks and mortar address where we might be contacted BUT what we do not want to have to do it tell lies about our status of full-timing.

Then along comes bright young thing brand new to the business - telling us we haven't thought this thing through properly.

Simple answer - check your facts before you open your mouth!

Dick

16. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Good Grief. Although I own a Euro and do not fulltime, I browsed the thread seeing mention of Safeguard, who I have used for insurance for a few years now. I just couldn't believe what I saw from Mercury RV- so being a "vagrant", to which I take it he is referring to the homeless, is now "illegal", is it? And what law, Simon from Mercury, is "broken" by someone being homeless and having no fixed address?? The fact that bank accounts, credit and all that will be a problem for such people certainly does not make them criminals, which is what lawbreakers are, by definition!!!

I was astonished by the, er, nonsense I read in mercuryrvs last posting, and Dick, I agree - the tone is rather "this young thing knows far far better than all you old t"""ers out there!!!!" All a bit obnoxious, I thought. And now the unfortunate homeless are breaking MercuryRVs law as well and are criminals by virtue of the fact that they have no fixed abode!!! Rubbish, is what I say!!

Laurie:Angry:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  17. olley

olley Funster

Hi wouldn't be so bad if he could actually spell "Safeguard"

Still give him his due, he did come back and admit he might be wrong.

Olley

18. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

C'mon guys he's trying to correct his error.

Better than most would do:Wink:

19. olley

olley Funster

Hi just add this: In legal terminology, a person with a source of income is not a vagrant, even if he/she is homeless

Olley

20. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Safeguard

My ranting days are over - too long in the tooth to keep it going for more than a few minutes!

Just as an aside, I have offered Safeguard two complete A4 pages in the new Guide totally free of charge - to explain their philosophy on RV's and fulltiming - an offer that they have graciously taken up and which I am waiting for even as we speak. I will publish it on here just as soon as I recieve it. :Smile:

Dick