mercedes sprinter motorhome just purchased need help (1 Viewer)

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
$_57.JPG

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OP said he has already bought it ?hopefully not paid for yet :Smile:
Curran can you get more pics ?both outer and inner plus this battery set up --could be battery and a solar panel like someone suggested earlier ?If a solar set up back in 2007 it may well have been close to £1,000 fitted -You could get a nice new solar set up for £500 now :winky:Guessing again it could be solar pan and taking it off or leaving on for 500 ::bigsmile: if it's that tell seller to take it off or leave on for £50 :Smile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Where does this 07 come into it it's an S reg, unless it's 3 grand DONT buy it, it's sh*t

reg number yf07oja =YF 07OJA = NEW Sprinter that only came out on 06/07 reg :winky:There is some way of checking reg number/history with the dvla but I don't know how ASSUME reg in pic is private reg
terry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
reg number yf07oja =YF 07OJA = NEW Sprinter that only came out on 06/07 reg :winky:There is some way of checking reg number/history with the dvla but I don't know how ASSUME reg in pic is private reg
terry

Ok yeah , but look at it , it looks S reg:Eeek:

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
be wary of letting them take anything off, particularly if roof mounted, if the seller is at all dodgy he will probably not reseal any cable entries :Eeek:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ok yeah , but look at it , it looks S reg:Eeek:

It deffo does not add up :Eeek: reg number as seen is 523 PJG with pos a number at beginning :Smile: but its deffo on a new Sprinter that came out on 2006/7 reg -O'leary;s make nice MHs -all parts will be new from stock so it could be a bargain buy for someone wanting to keep it a good bit - -
-Oleary's currently have some low miles 10 plate Fiat vans for sale that are full of all kinds of goodies for about 28k if these had IH or timberland on them they would bring about 35 k as it is they are to my mind nicer looking than IH (and that is praise indeed) with goodies that would put about another 10k on top of the price of a IH if speced up to the same :thumb:
As it stands we need more info and pics -
-If the van in the pic had something as simple as the fridge vents changed to new style ones it would not stand out as much :winky:
terry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
That reg No belongs to a 2007 MB Sprinter 2.1 litre diesel according to Euro Car Parts.

To me the body style looks a lot older than that .

Caveat Emptor springs to mind.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That reg No belongs to a 2007 MB Sprinter 2.1 litre diesel according to Euro Car Parts.

To me the body style looks a lot older than that .

Caveat Emptor springs to mind.

Thanks for that at least it's another bit of the puzzle adding up IE new sprinter 2006 onwards in this case a 2007 :Smile: perhaps we will get to the bottom of it after all ::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
Sorry you have either got wrong info or understood wrongly -No way has it got 10,000 watt/amps
A split charge system if it controls all electrics is around 200 quid add to that what it probably has is a 110 amp hour leisure battery or two at 65 quid each so say 350 quid then fitting which could be anything £££££s or DIY
I'll stick my neck out -----back to the van assuming it was a commercial second hand van that o'learys used it could have lots of miles or none so more info needed :winky: 07 plate merc could be anything from 15k to 35k more likely 15 to 20k tops again assuming its very tidy inside and assuming it is a genuine LANDsleeper done by O'learys and not one that the local gypsies cobbled together ::bigsmile:IF it's nice inside and you plan on keeping it a long time then OK if your looking to keep a short time and sell on then it needs to be cheap
If it's your first van unless it's 15k I would look at older more established vans like Auto sleepers,Swifts etc you get the picture :winky: if you don't like them you will not loose as much Selling the Landsleeper could prove hard simply because it looks an old body grafted to a new chasis -Don't get me wrong it could be a new body that Mick bought cheap but it still looks sus I would want to see pics inside and all around before giving a proper estimate -mileage,pics, and that battery info correct :thumb:-The van should come with a charging /distribution system in place -none of this leave in for 500 quid nonsense just beware :winky:
terry

£14,995 nice inside, he said it was 2007 body 128.000 mls automatic 2 owners.. 4 berth. leather seats not captain. not paid yet as he did not want paypal. e bay..

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
£14,995 nice inside, he said it was 2007 body 128.000 mls automatic 2 owners.. 4 berth. leather seats not captain. not paid yet as he did not want paypal. e bay..

OK lets have the ebay number, we promise not to out bid you :thumb:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
£14,995 nice inside, he said it was 2007 body [HI]128.000 mls [/HI]automatic 2 owners.. 4 berth. leather seats not captain. not paid yet as he did not want paypal. e bay..
walk away at that price. the van would of been a flat bed truck in a former life and run up most of those miles in a couple of years.....its very high mileage for that price loads of the running gear will be on last legs/worn. the battery, he is just trying to rip you off for extra cash and removing parts will devalue the van more still

it will be a money pit if you ask me. i buy motorhomes and do them up to sell on, and wouldn't touch it with a very long bargepole

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Mileage is high for a M/H, but barely run in for a merc with desirable auto:thumb: --cannot see your pics --- is it a 2007 body like you say or older body on what is a 2007 chassis cab ? Still need to get to the bottom of the battery bank for you ?
Despite what others are saying if you are going to keep it for a few yrs it should give you trouble free motor homing :Smile: Like I said earlier O'leary's make decent conversions and everything will have been new in 2008/9 /when/ it was converted -A quick phone call to O'leary's would confirm this ?GIVE THEM A RING :Doh::thumb:15k is a fair ish price but I would still try and knock it down by a couple of k ::bigsmile:
I am reluctant to say go for it simply because you are a newby to m/h ing and as such I would recommend getting a mainstream conversion simply because it will hold it's price better for you if you want to sell after a yr or two (again providing everything is good /no damp etc etc ) If on the other hand in 5 yrs time and it's down into the 10k price range it will come into it's own :Smile:
Now it's comparible to to 2000 yr vans in that price range -it may not have a mainstream name but it also does not have the mainstream price :winky::Smile:
If it was on ebay give us the number so we can give you a better more informed decision -Hate to see you buy a pig of a van but still hate to see you miss what could be a good van :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
Broken Link Removed

I have won this van but now unsure as he wants £500 for upgrade on battery - he is not pushing it but will remove it if not paid for.

was planning on collecting this weekend, have a look at other photo's it looks nice inside, carpets a bit grotty but easily replaces or maybe not as i have 3 dogs, lol

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have won this van but now unsure as he wants £500 for upgrade on battery - he is not pushing it but will remove it if not paid for.

was planning on collecting this weekend, have a look at other photo's it looks nice inside, carpets a bit grotty but easily replaces or maybe not as i have 3 dogs, lol

Hi Curran

It does look a nice van inside but this battery thing is a puzzle for all the experts on here so please be careful. Can you not ask the owner to email you a picture of the battery set up and ask if there is a solar panel?

If you get a photo but cannot upload it on here you could always forward the email to me and I'll post it on this thread.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Curran looks a nice van -I am now sure you won't be disappointed -would have liked to see a pic of shower/loo ---it has 1500 quids worth of extras on the roof back and side of the van :thumb:
As to the battery thing go look at it :thumb: then tell the seller it either stops on as it is or you walk :winky: no extra 500 = nowt -still very puzzled by the battery thing ::bigsmile:Have a good test drive and listen for any back axle whine --if no noise then you should be OK :thumb: Check that everything works ie water heater,cabin heater fridge etc as nothing is cheap to replace :winky:look at 500/600 quid if any don't work so make sure they do--turn them all on while you check out the rest of the van:thumb:Give yourself at least half hour to make sure things work-don't take the sellers word on it simply because of the battery thing :winky:
main thing is go out and enjoy :thumb:
terry

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
To me the van is not as described , it say all leather seats but the hab seats are material, did you view the van before bidding

That's fine if he does not want it --the leather seats in the front look like vinyl to me anyway :winky:£1000 would see all the van re upholstered either way in a nicer finish :winky: With 3 dogs it may be in need of doing in a couple of years ::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Did anyone else notice that in the listing it says it is an Auto-Sleeper? No sign of that badge on the bodywork.

Check the paperwork very carefully as well as the actual MH. Test drive it, go over with a very fine toothcomb. If you are happy then fine - if not walk away as you have a get-out that it is not as described (not an Auto Sleeper for a start).

I hope that it is "the" vehicle for you but don't be pressured into buying a pup.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
hi PD he has loads of get out things if it not right :thumb:Main thing is he has not paid :thumb: and the van is not as described for all the things already been pointed out ::bigsmile: I cannot see 4 belted seats and it has another of my pet hates of a 3rd front seat preventing you getting into the rear from the cab :Smile:All in all anyone will be hard pushed to find another 2007 CB Auto merc for 15k It clearly show Landsleeper on the pics but as you say described as Auto sleeper :Smile: If it were a AS I bet it would have been close to double price ::bigsmile:
As a newby they are all valid things Curran should be aware of and if he does not end up buying the van then it's a lesson learned :thumb:He is now well armed and hopefully a little more knowledgeable :thumb:Better to ask before buying but it is what it is :Smile:
terry

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Totally agree Terry.

It might be a great van and just what he wants but, there again it might be a pile of dung.

Buyer beware.

Upvote 0
Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
Hi all
asked for more information this was the reply
reg yf07oja system put in consists of 10,000 watt amp super long life leisure battery. split charging unit, this keeps van on full power for weeks without hook up.
cost 1,000 to buy and have professionally installed. leave in for 500.
How much would you guys pay for this van?
PUHHH!
:whatthe:

Upvote 0
Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
Did anyone else notice that in the listing it says it is an Auto-Sleeper? No sign of that badge on the bodywork.

Check the paperwork very carefully as well as the actual MH. Test drive it, go over with a very fine toothcomb. If you are happy then fine - if not walk away as you have a get-out that it is not as described (not an Auto Sleeper for a start).

I hope that it is "the" vehicle for you but don't be pressured into buying a pup.

Good luck.

Its got Landsleeper on the overcab...not one that I have heard of :RollEyes:

I stand corrected!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/377176537515122239/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
If it was me, I'd look elsewhere.

Terry's observations of the three abreast cab, the seller's battery demands, odd habitation looks compared to the modern cab make me extremely wary of the whole thing.

There are other models out there and, right now, plenty of choice. Another £3,000 gets you Dave's superb RMB, as an example.:winky:

But, if this layout is truly what the gentleman wants and, from what Terry has kindly explained, the 'issues' are easily and inexpensively sorted, then it's a good buy at the end of the day as long as it all works out.:thumb:

Me? I'd head up to Liverpool with alacrity and bang loudly on Dave's door.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back