Mercedes code resetter needed, must be really easy to use (1 Viewer)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Oi you two, I am here as well you know
Sorry:xgrin:..

if not failed not sure what they will be looking at / for :)
That's been mentioned and pointed out to me in a previous post that the codes clear and reset after you shut down and restart... I'm not sure...
All I know is I've had codes stored without a light been on.. Some of them most probably relating to work I was doing and forgetting to reconnect something...
All I'm saying is ring.... let someone who knows tell you..
Look you've got me rambling again...:xgrin:
Andy..

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sorry:xgrin:..

That's been mentioned and pointed out to me in a previous post that the codes clear and reset after you shut down and restart... I'm not sure...
All I know is I've had codes stored without a light been on.. Some of them most probably relating to work I was doing and forgetting to reconnect something...
All I'm saying is ring.... let someone who knows tell you..
Look you've got me rambling again...:xgrin:
Andy..

I promise to call someone next week, you are right the codes are stored, unless wiped by one of the scanner things that I have just bought :) the issue seems to be interrelated between sensors, just need to find the right one to change first time hopefully (y)

or just drive it till it busts, now here I am going back round in the same old loop again :D

you worry too much for everybody Andy, but your concerns are appreciated (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes the codes stay recorded even when it resets by turning ignition on/off. Fords are the same. I fund there was no need to stop in the end . just turn off & back
on ,engine fired ,still in gear .:xlaugh: carry on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes the codes stay recorded even when it resets by turning ignition on/off. Fords are the same. I fund there was no need to stop in the end . just turn off & back
on ,engine fired ,still in gear .:xlaugh: carry on

A little more exciting to try that with a full auto though :D:D

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Oi you two, I am here as well you know,

Terry you said your man needed about 2 months notice to get in, I need far more spontaneous reaction than that :D

Andy, problem we really have is getting it to the workshop in a failed state, if not failed not sure what they will be looking at / for :)
It was more than two months ago :xgrin: and he is not my man only used him once when all else failed he found the fault for £60 quid =money well spent :xgrin:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Try holding it in second gear and thrashing it down the m/w for 20 mins :xgrin:that may clear it's brain or break it :xrofl::xsmile:either way it could produce a result :xgrin:
You can always borrow my new trouble free van David :xwink:----you know I MEAN THAT :xThumb:
terry

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We had a fault on our 2.7 Sprinter, ironically whilst waiting to go in to the MOT bay at Nottingham City Council Transport depot. The place is full of HGV mechanics as this is where the councils fleet of vehicles is maintained. A guy in overalls came over and had a look under the bonnet. Bear in mind Id just driven there 20 minutes before, the guy said it was probably an dodgy injector. We managed to start the van again and continued with the MOT which ended as a fail due to rear brakes needing replacing. Took the van straight from the MOT place straight round to Mertrux who we had used before. They did the brakes and sorted out the alleged injector fault ----- which turned out to be a faulty crankshaft positioning sensor. The van has never missed beat since - he says touching wood.
As stated previously , there are some features on Mercs which only Mercedes dealers can pinpoint and subsequently fix. Get yourself booked in to one and stop fannying about.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
codes are stored, unless wiped by one of the scanner things that I have just bought
Another little point worth remembering with the scanner/code reader...
What codes are you actually looking at..
Your vehicle is most probably obd11 compliant (think commercials had to be from 2007 )and a scanner will be able to look at those codes... but that's not the same as manufacture specific codes... The reader would have to have some manufacturer specific software to read those codes.. and it might again that's my thinking and a point worth checking....
I look forward to hearing what a good diagnostic place has to say.. may come to nothing but worth a try..

just need to find the right one to change first time hopefully (y)
That's where the scope comes in... takes the guesswork out of checking suspected faulty sensors or actuators.
And may be possible to have it running under live conditions to catch even an intermittent fault..
Andy.

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
Try holding it in second gear and thrashing it down the m/w for 20 mins :xgrin:that may clear it's brain or break it :xrofl::xsmile:either way it could produce a result :xgrin:
i assume terry is leaning towards a carbon build up problem, probably around turbo. if its low mileage and been driven carefully / slowly, then may be" terraclean" would help. thats if you can get it back on the road...reading the codes will only point you in the right direction i.e. low boost etc. its not magic, the operator has to use his experience/knowledge (or get lucky changing parts at your expense). anyway I'm following the thread with great interest, and hope it doesn't break your heart, or wallet. best o' luck with it David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back