Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
I am looking at purchasing a second hand Mercedes Sprinter and having it converted to my spec. Does anyone know of a firm in the South West (or South) who they would recommend. I did meet a fellow traveller in Spain a few years ago with a converted Sprinter but I think he had it converted somewhere up North!!
Any pitfalls in doing it this way?:Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have seen what it can cost to convert. I would be interestd to learn what you think it will cost
Geo

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Geo, I spent £7500 on all the bits to convert my ambulance which included some sheet alloy to block up rear doors and roof, new windows etc.Just about everything else was new apart from 2 very heavy duty swivel seat bottoms from the back to the front (no way was I throwing these babys out :ROFLMAO:) I reckon myself and Paul could convert a panel van for about £5 k plus the bits :thumb:Nothing much to do after xmas :ROFLMAO: so if you want a nice new van for march give us a call :ROFLMAO:
terry
Geoff it will cost the same to convert an older van as a new one so remember this when buying your van--no use spending say 12k on converting a 2k van that is only going to be worth 9k when done.Provided it is done properly it will always be worth the cost of van plus mat's used,and if done nicely a lot more

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Terry
Thats why I posted the question Geoff is asking for professional converters to work to his speck £20k and then some is my estimation, having looked at yours he wouldnt go far wrong getting you to do it for him
I was horrified at a show to see what the costs were having converted a few myself I sat and added up cost and time there not making a fortune out of them but boy does it seem an expensive option when you add on the cost of a decent van to convert
Yours I might add is the only ambulance conversion I have seen "that doesnt look like an abulance coversion":thumb:and a credit to you
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back