Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Anyone had any problems with this model?

The TV works fine but the DVD has seized with a DVD in.

It will not recognise the DVD at all. Bought from We Do Digital who will take it back under warranty but it will cost a fortune to return it.

Does anyone know if there is likely to be a separate internal fuse for the DVD side of the unit? I'm tempted to have a look to see if there is a simple fix.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I bought a "Meos" Lap Top type, 12v/mains and battery run, tv/radio/dvd player for my son to use on long hauls,, the dvd side of it packed up on the way back from Spain.

When we got back I got in touch with the guy I bought it from and he referred me to the UK "Meos" repair centre. Sent it of with proof of purchase and date of purchase and they repaired/renewed the DVD side of things. We only had it a couple of months when it packed up. So still under warranty.

Their place is on an industrial estate in Kent,, have a search.

If not come back and I will try and find the invoice/returns sheet,, but at the moment they have all ben packed away some where (House move imminent)

ps.. I would not try any poking around,, you will invalidate the warranty, and they will see what screws have been tampered with.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I've just bought the 20inch version that works on 12v/110v/230v. Only just got it and am very happy with it. Not really had any time for things to go wrong yet. Then again, I'm not particularly bothered about the DVD. JUST that it works ANYWHERE and has Analogue.Digital tuners. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Meos Tv

WE have the 12inch model think its the same as Old Mo bought for his son.
We returned it a couple of months ago under warranty as the sound on the DVD had faded.I sent an E Mail to We di Didgital and they gave me a case no and the address for return.We got a replacement within a week.
We have just returned from France and while we were away the DVD will only play some of our DVD,s have tried them on the laptop at home and they work fine so it is obviously the Meos at fault.
Although we are happy with the Tv side of the machine the dvd is very poor.
Regarding the postage, I used our local courier service they charged me just under £7 which was fine for a one off, but I am not happy if we have to pay again,
I am going to contact we do didgital again. Does anyone have a telephone number for them? I can only find an E Mail address- Sue :Angry:

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I've got the 13.3" MEOS and have been impressed but considering the vibrations they must get I'm not surprised they fail.

For delivery, try Parcels2Go - they charge £7.04 all in to collect and deliver to UK addresses up to 15kg and volume that easily covers the TV. Also via quidco (£4) so in effect £3.04 for first delivery.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Sue,, Think you must have bought from the same as me.. here is his flebay email address,, hope it helps. cannot find any other information. = Seller's Email:
paypal@diddydigital.co.uk

Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Meos

Thanks Mo I have just been on their website again and found a tel number ( although its a 0844 no) Think I might try a phone call and see if we can change to another model as we have had 2 of this type and both have failed :cry:

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Have you put the DVD in the correct way? The picture/writing on the DVD has to face away from you which seems illogical.

For those that may be thinking of buying one the dimensions listed on the diddydigital and wedodigital websites (they are sister companies run separately) are incorrect. I e mailed them to check the dimensions prior to ordering. My 15.4 model was supposedly 360mm on one site and 380mm wide on the other but found it to be 400mm which was too large to fit into my TV cupboard. They have agreed to exchange it but I am stuck with the postage and doubt whether I shall get a refund for the lower cost model.

Its a good TV though.

Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Meos

Have you put the DVD in the correct way? The picture/writing on the DVD has to face away from you which seems illogical.

For those that may be thinking of buying one the dimensions listed on the diddydigital and wedodigital websites (they are sister companies run separately) are incorrect. I e mailed them to check the dimensions prior to ordering. My 15.4 model was supposedly 360mm on one site and 380mm wide on the other but found it to be 400mm which was too large to fit into my TV cupboard. They have agreed to exchange it but I am stuck with the postage and doubt whether I shall get a refund for the lower cost model.

Its a good TV though.

Hi yes the discs are in the right way- its not all discs that won,t play and this is our second tv as it was replaced once.
I have just spoke to them on the phone, she asked me to put it in an E-Mail to head office which I have so just waiting for their response.

Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008

Hi thanks tried the site, No joy i,m afraid- I have had a response to my E Mail they have told me to return it to be checked no mention of being able to upgrade it so I am going to reply and try again Thanks all

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I've just spent £21.60 returning my 15" Meos TV via Royal Mail becuse the dimensions on their website are incorrect. I am exchanging it for a 13" but I doubt whether they will compensate me for their incorrect information. I doubt whether I shall get a rebate for the cheaper 13" either so this damn TV seems to be costing me more than I expected.

I tried the cheaper postal2go link above but I received a message saying that the website was unsafe and found that the button you press to get an estimate did not work.

Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Meos tv

I had a response to my E Mail need to return the tv AGAIN and I cannot upgrade so when they find the fault I will still have the same set that has failed twice, Will not buy from them again!!

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Is it your responsibility to pay for the postage each time? This can't be right if its under warranty. If you send it back a few times the cost in postage raises the cost of the TV considerably. Next time I shall buy one locally from a shop or someone I can at least deliver it to in the event of a problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back