Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Whilst my mh mattress is new it could be more comfortable, and I've been considering a Memory Foam topper. There seem to be plenty of cut price "Memory Foam" toppers on eBay, but I wonder if any in them are any good i.e. do they give added comfort in summer and winter? I'm not interested in Duvalay bags as we prefer a duvet and fitted sheet. Has anyone bought a cut price topper? If you have I'd be pleased to hear what you think. Thanks.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Whilst my mh mattress is new it could be more comfortable, and I've been considering a Memory Foam topper. There seem to be plenty of cut price "Memory Foam" toppers on eBay, but I wonder if any in them are any good i.e. do they give added comfort in summer and winter? I'm not interested in Duvalay bags as we prefer a duvet and fitted sheet. Has anyone bought a cut price topper? If you have I'd be pleased to hear what you think. Thanks.
Tried cheap ones, worse than having nowt for Mrs B who has a minor back problem. Wouldn't have a duvalay sleeping bag thing either but have bought two Duvalay single gold toppers for our van.....Bliss, (y)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We tried the cut price mattress toppers from various sources. As we were in a PVC and had to roll them up each evening we found they quickly started to crack. We then stumped up the cash for a raskelf memory foam topper, whilst expensive they are still in great condition after 5 years.
This is simply our personal experience, perhaps if we hadn't needed to roll and put away each day the cheaper memory foam toppers would have been OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I haven't bought a cut price one, but cheap enough at Dunhelm. It improved the comfort no end. I used to suffer from bad hips after a night in the Folding Camper, but after the topper was put on, no more pain. It did make the sleep hotter during the Summer, but not enough to out weigh the pros. We now have a new MH and will jump at the chance of a memory foam topper again if or when needed. Just need to find one that is a super king size.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have had 2 single raskelfs and also a double which we have on our bed at present, we found they did improve our sleep immensely , I like the zip on breathable covers on them , also the zip on sheets makes bed making so much easier , we had bought a cheapie first but couldn't stand the smell of it so returned it

The raskelfs is now duvaley I believe

Kath xx

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Duvalay Gold Toppers for us too - a good nights sleep is priceless!

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We have had a couple from SNUG MATTRESSES, sorry can't give you a link, but just google it. Not especially cheap but we have found them very comfy, various thicknesses and density, good choice, recommend them.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Just ensure it is proper memory foam, there is a big difference.

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Try Costco online if not a member direct, they have some good deals and the quality is always there with a great returns service if not

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have the original Hymer Memory Foam mattress in our B564. I find it too hot for me, and have put a mattress topper on it that was advertised as specifically for use on memory foam mattresses to keep them cool throughout the night - can't remember the make, but it was bought from John Lewis. It worked for us.

Now if you want pure luxury - at home mind, not in the motorhome - I can heartily recommend this.....

http://www.daveydown.co.uk/index.asp?upid=23

After sleeping on one in a hotel in Jodphur, I came home and tried to find the equivalent. Anne Davey owns the company, and is a pleasure to deal with. We sleep in luxury every night now.... (y)

Mar 5, 2016
Trefin/Porthgain
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Thank you both but I was only asking because we received our new duvaley mattress yesterday. Tried it today and it is 3cm to wide or 133cm instead of 130cm. They are dealing with my claim at present so I don't want give them any negative feedback at present.

Last edited:

bengie

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have bought 5 of them off ebay and found the 4" ones suit me the best. Had no quality problems with any of them.Aged 71 and suffer fibromyalgia pain

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We've got a memory foam topper on our home bed and one on our Hymer drop down bed. The home one I think was a Silent night one bought maybe 10 years ago £50 and still comfortable. The MH one we bought from Aldi for £40, also very comfortable. We've had it about two years. I think they make the bed warmer though. That could be a good thing or not depends on the individual.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back