Bessie2012

Free Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We bought our Autocruise Sarasota late this year so have only used her for a couple of trips so far. We have a Sky+ box which we want to take with us on trips at home (and abroad if possible) to keep up with the grandprix! Can anyone suggest a portable (as we may downsize in a few years) automatic satellite dish? We are looking at the Megasat Satmaster but can't fund any reviews on it? Suggestions gratefully received (top budget about £750). Many thanks!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just had a look at the system you express an interest in, and as far as I can work out it only has a single feed LNB and no way to add a dual or quad type..

Without a twin feed LNB I am afraid your Sky+ box will only work as a standard sky box, without the ability to record etc etc.

As the dish is only 45cm it will not get too much of a signal very far south ( or indeed north come to that )..

It is an ideal cheapy system for someone who is happy to use a standard box and is unlikely to travel too far

Second hand Oyster systems do come up on eBay occasionally ( only recently bought a complete system for my sons van for a tad over £300 ).. Just have to be careful about the control box

Make sure the system does actually work on sky ok and all will be well :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back