Rally Chat Meets in Hampshire (1 Viewer)

ROSMIC

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hello, I've just started looking on this site again having g lost my precious hubby at the end of September. I haven't used my autosleeper duet to yet, we bought it for me to drive when Michael got too weak to drive but sadly we weren't able to use it. I'm now thing "have I got the courage to use it on my own" I was hoping there may have been a funsters meet not too far away but..........

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Rosmic
Good luck with your quest to find someone putting something on in Hampshire.
Kind regards
Andrea

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
"Have you got the courage" ? All you need to do is give it a go and I am sure you will be OK, but you are right it would be nice to go to a meet close to home for a first time.

If you can't find anything suitable how about finding a suitable venue around you and then just posting on here that you are having a little meet and see who will join you, it's very easy really to organise something like that as people are always looking for somewhere to go.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, There are lots of solos on Fun, my husband died 5 years ago, although I had never driven an MH ( we sailed) I bought one, took a deep breath and got on with it, I've had it for 2 years now and love it so bite the bullet
I started by going to a camp site near me, making sure friends knew I would ring for help if needed it. Hampshire is somewhere I haven't been, yet, so go for it and enjoy.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
There are a lot of solo travellers and a number of widows. If there is no meet/rally planned for your area then please find somewhere you fancy going and, as Martin (Fun flair) says, post the details on here and there may well be some Funsters in the area who will come to the same place and introduce themselves. With a bit of luck some of the solo females may make it.

Good luck and hope to see you soon on a rally or campsite somewhere in 2017.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi, I'm sorry for your loss. I was widowed 10 months ago and know exactly how you feel about going it alone. I bought my motorhome in September last and like you was wondering how I would get on going on my own. With a lot of encouragement from a good bunch of solo ladies on this forum, I bit the bullet and travelled 100 miles+ a few weeks ago to meet some of them. My advice is, get yourself on a rally that's not too far from you and go for it. You'll be surprised how your confidence will grow having taken that first step. Good luck and hope to meet you on one of the rallies one day......

Muriel

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello, I've just started looking on this site again having g lost my precious hubby at the end of September. I haven't used my autosleeper duet to yet, we bought it for me to drive when Michael got too weak to drive but sadly we weren't able to use it. I'm now thing "have I got the courage to use it on my own" I was hoping there may have been a funsters meet not too far away but..........
Hello Rosmic, I'm sorry for your loss. I Iost my husband recently too and although the thought of going it alone is scary, you can do it, believe me.

As others have said there are quite a few that travel solo for various reasons. Either look in the rally or rally planning section for something that you like the sound of or suggest a site where you feel comfy about getting to & ask if anyone fancies meeting up. You'll be made welcome on any of the meets. There's always someone around to ask if you're not sure about things.

There are a few solo ladies that meet up quite often, this 'group' started to build a bit of confidence in using our vans on our own.

Best of luck & hope to meet you someday.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Motorhome solo some of the time. Have nothing but admiraton for the ladies i have met who are going it alone. There is a lot of support out there, just take it easy and try somewhere close to home to start with.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
@ROSMIC , its three years since my husband passed away. We had a tag axle motorhome which was too big for me to drive so i downsized. Glad i did as it has got me out and about amongst a great bunch of people. If i have a problem therr are numerous chaps at the meets and rallys that are happy to help.
I can recommend the Rally that @TheBig1 has hilighted. Also if you belong to Camping and Caravan Club they have local meets and temporary holiday sites as do Motorcaraveners club and Caravan Club

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hope you do find the courage to venture out in your van . Our kettle is always on . Hope to meet you at a rally or two in the future X

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
@ROSMIC we are in EHDC land. We pop down to Bournemouth occasionally and Brighton will be on our list for 2/3 days away in May/June. We go out for days on the motorbike when we are there but if you wanted you are more than welcome to tag along. Most sites, when you get on them are very welcoming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back