Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
G

No matter what it stands for it can't be as bad as ours, T674 = TRAMP 674:Blush:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Nice van there, we park next to a B644 at the storage place, it looks buit to last and I think our storage neighbours have had there's since new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Mrs Codger has been known to wave at Yodel delivery drivers.

Not only do I wave at delivery van drivers, I usually know their names as well! Living out of town we rely on the drivers for vital supplies and get to know them.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Waroom Nich Brian?
Zinn Schuppen kann alles genannt werden.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Why not Brian?
Tin Sheds can be called anything):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sHa_grouphug3.gif

By the way Waving with one finger is still OK with me

Kunststoffwannen können Tupperware genannt werden:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's a nice van:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What a cracker !! Hears to years of enjoyment in her ( errr.... sounds a bit off that really, but you know what I mean !!! :ROFLMAO: )

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Really nice looking van. The perseverance paid off in the end:thumb:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Congratulations Sandra, all good things are worth waiting for! So pleased you finally got it. Be prepared for face ache as the Hymer grin doesn't disappear very quickly. Waving at you from sunny Mont St Michel still grinning :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Congratulations Sandra, all good things are worth waiting for! So pleased you finally got it. Be prepared for face ache as the Hymer grin doesn't disappear very quickly. Waving at you from sunny Mont St Michel still grinning :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Kerry. Are you staying on an aire or a campsite? We stopped at lovely aire in Beauvior, opposite an ASICS campsite. A couple of restaurants and a bakery nearby.

Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Thanks Kerry. Are you staying on an aire or a campsite? We stopped at lovely aire in Beauvior, opposite an ASICS campsite. A couple of restaurants and a bakery nearby.

We are staying at Camping Haliotis at Pontorson, absolutely lovely campsite which is beautifully maintained with lovely shower block and swimming pool. Would recommend it, ACSI €14 per night and 7 for 6 so only €84 for the week. It is a lovely 9km cycle ride to Mont St Michel along a cycle path. Pontorson is a lovely little town with a market on Wednesdays and a Carrefour supermarket is just a 5 minute stroll away.
We cycled back from Mont St Michel via the road today and saw Beauvoir Aire, it looked very impressive for an Aire! There was a big sign showing the cost of €9.90 per 24 hrs. :thumb:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are staying at Camping Haliotis at Pontorson, absolutely lovely campsite which is beautifully maintained with lovely shower block and swimming pool. Would recommend it, ACSI €14 per night and 7 for 6 so only €84 for the week. It is a lovely 9km cycle ride to Mont St Michel along a cycle path. Pontorson is a lovely little town with a market on Wednesdays and a Carrefour supermarket is just a 5 minute stroll away.
We cycled back from Mont St Michel via the road today and saw Beauvoir Aire, it looked very impressive for an Aire! There was a big sign showing the cost of €9.90 per 24 hrs. :thumb:

That's the one, that price included hook up and water too.
Your campsite sounds lovely, it's making me want to pack up now and get on the road.

Got to be patient though, dare not even put the ticker/counter thing on my signature yet, in case it jinxes things.

Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
That's the one, that price included hook up and water too.
Your campsite sounds lovely, it's making me want to pack up now and get on the road.

Got to be patient though, dare not even put the ticker/counter thing on my signature yet, in case it jinxes things.

We are the advance party testing the campsites and wines for you so that when you come we can give you a long list of recommendations :ROFLMAO: it's a hard job but I consider it worth it if others may benefit :thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years

Hi Coolbeanz
Does the aire "Beauvior" take RV's and how far away is it from Mont St Michael.
Can you not park at Mont St Michael anymore?
thanks

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are the advance party testing the campsites and wines for you so that when you come we can give you a long list of recommendations :ROFLMAO: it's a hard job but I consider it worth it if others may benefit :thumb:

I really appreciate all your hard work:ROFLMAO:

Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi Coolbeanz
thanks

It looked pretty big as we cycled past but Sandra may be able to advise you better as she has stayed on it. It was a very short bike ride to the Mont, probably 10 minutes. There is a lot of building work going on outside the Mont as I believe they are restoring it so it becomes surrounded by water again at high tide. They are building a road on stilts so there were lots of diggers etc on the scene. There were a lot of shuttle buses dropping people off so I guess no one can park there at the moment. :Doh:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Coolbeanz
thanks

We stayed there last year and walked to the Mont. My best guess is it was about 3k. There was a regular tourist bus from the village too, as well has a horse drawn bus. I don't recall seeing private cars driving up the approach road, but they were doing a lot of ground work, so that might have been a temporary thing.

The Aire is large, as are the pitches. There was a choice of hardstanding or grass. I don't remember seeing an RV on there but there were some pretty big motorhomes and the entrance is wide. I did keep the leaflet from there but goodness knows where it is now! :Doh:

This is the one Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
It looked pretty big as we cycled past but Sandra may be able to advise you better as she has stayed on it. It was a very short bike ride to the Mont, probably 10 minutes. There is a lot of building work going on outside the Mont as I believe they are restoring it so it becomes surrounded by water again at high tide. They are building a road on stilts so there were lots of diggers etc on the scene. There were a lot of shuttle buses dropping people off so I guess no one can park there at the moment. :Doh:

Thanks, lasted time we went to Mont, was in 2007, we parked on the car park which was then an overnight aire, beautiful laying in bed watching the Mont all lit up at night, unfortunately we had a call next day telling us Bob's dad had died so had to ruch back to UK.

Sandra does the new aire take RV's?
thanks

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We stayed there last year and walked to the Mont. My best guess is it was about 3k. There was a regular tourist bus from the village too, as well has a horse drawn bus. I don't recall seeing private cars driving up the approach road, but they were doing a lot of ground work, so that might have been a temporary thing.

The Aire is large, as are the pitches. There was a choice of hardstanding or grass. I don't remember seeing an RV on there but there were some pretty big motorhomes and the entrance is wide. I did keep the leaflet from there but goodness knows where it is now! :Doh:

Cross post's!!:Doh:
Is the aire on the approach road to the Mont? can you miss it? or do you have the co-ordinates?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks, lasted time we went to Mont, was in 2007, we parked on the car park which was then an overnight aire, beautiful laying in bed watching the Mont all lit up at night,
That was our experience too Val. Absolutely stunning, and it felt so right to be there at the time. We'd love to go back again. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Cross post's!!:Doh:
Is the aire on the approach road to the Mont? can you miss it? or do you have the co-ordinates?

N 48.59429 W -1.51206 C
I have just copied this for the link in my previous post, hope they are correct. The aire is in the All the Aires book too. It is situated on the opposite side of the village to the Mont. You just follow the walk along the river bank, which takes you behind the village and along to the approach road. There was a very interesting set of flood gates on the way to the mont, like a mini Thames Barrier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back