Medical/repatriation Insurance (1 Viewer)

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I have been trying to locate sensible health/repatriation insurance should anything go wrong on our trip to Spain starting in November to May.

I got a quote through the C&CC of £100 each which we paid but we had to then contact their Medical Screening line.

After I gave them my medical history they wanted another £537.97 for me because I have Hypertension (well controlled) and COPD (controlled by inhalers) and the trip was to last 6 months. I didn't bother giving them Joans medical history.

Does anyone know of a repartiation/medical cover at a reasonable price or do people just risk going without this cover.

Does EHIC cover for treatment in Spain? Our cards expire October 2011

John​

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi John,
Your EHIC will cover you for treatment on the Spanish Health Service, I do not think that it covers you for repatriation to the UK.
Bill

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi John

Foreign office advice

Spain

The Form E111 is no longer valid. You should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before leaving the UK. The EHIC is not a substitute for medical and travel insurance but entitles you to necessary medical treatment on the same terms as Spanish nationals. You will not be covered for medical repatriation, ongoing medical treatment or non-urgent treatment. See our EHIC page and the NHS - About the EHIC page.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/spain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I trust to the travel insurance provided on my bank account , we fortunately don't have a medical history that may cause a problem.

Marjorie

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
bolton
Funster No
MH
don.t know
Exp
sadly I had to arrange the repatriation of a relatives body from italy a few years ago and the first thing the insurance people wanted before doing anything was a full certified copy of her medical records...so unless you are completly truthful the insurance will be void
all the best with your trip
marjorie

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As far as I am aware the ADAC plus breakdown cover gives repatriation for medical treatment but am not sure about returning a body.
No questions asked re medical history at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
John, I don't know if you are on a medical Health site for yours and your wife's conditions, but I know that a lot of my friends received good advice from Breast cancer care site re insurance for abroad. It may be that you could go to your own particular ailment site and ask on there to be given good advice. Good luck.:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Get a quote on-line from www.columbusdirect.com we used them for our trip to the States for 4.5 months and for worldwide it is a lot more expensive. We put in all of our ailments and be honest with them and see what you come up with. Ours was less the £500.00.

Nigel and Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back