Medical at 70 to renew CI on licence

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by woodstock, Mar 17, 2015.

1. woodstock

woodstock Funster

Looking to renew my licence at 70 with the ci entitlement. Which is best place for medical.

2. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I use an Independent GP surgery for £90 because my own GP wanted £130.
    I used Tesco's opticians for the eye test-Free

• Like Like x 2
  3. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

My GP charged £80 and with direct access to my records and personal knowledge completed without a hitch.

Then the eye test, I had glaucoma in left eye and Trabeculectomy op to correct, no problem I thought, joking of course.
    I sent application on 8 th August and almost 8 months on following regular chasing , still don't have my licence back.

Wish I had applied for basic licence online , would have been over long ago.

We pay their wages at DVLA and they give an absolute crap service.:swear2::swear2:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clarky

Clarky Funster

You could try these people who will arrange a medical close to home:- http://www.doctorsonwheels.co.uk
    I actually used my own doctor who gave me a really good going over.....I thought it would just be a 'box ticking' exercise. Cost £110 but it was thorough and I now know that I am fairly fit.
    As I have regular eye tests I went to my usual optician for the visual bit which cost nothing.

Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Probably the first place IS your own G-P. a lot depends on how you get along with them?. My G-P is very good, when I went for my HGV It was a formality. and now with the "new" Eyes, I can drive without glasses (officially).

Dropped the Class 1 and 2 though, Don't need them in the USA!. BTW how long have they given you until your next assessment? I`ve got 3years on mine but others have said theirs is shorter I know?

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  6. richr

richr Funster

Try calling a local HGV training center very often they have a doctor they use

• Like Like x 1
  7. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

there is a new dr who does meds . it is lowcostmobilemedicals.co.uk his tel is 07451887039. it only costs £35.00. and only took 15 mins. a very nice man.(y)

• Like Like x 2